14 Songs To Add To Your Halloween Playlist

Music to the Halloween lover's ears.

18
Elsie Keifer

With Halloween just around the corner, I thought I’d share some spooky tunes to set the mood for the most frightening night of the year.

1. Thriller Night -- Michael Jackson

You can’t have a Halloween playlist without including this classic, thrilling song. This song includes all the Halloween vibes from the werewolves howling in the background to the zombie-stomping beat. It makes you want to dance like there’s no tomorrow after this thriller night.

2. The Witch Queen of New Orleans -- Redbone

It’s the time of year when witches, spells, and magic are on a lot of people’s minds. This song about voodoo magic and witchy spells is perfect for your Halloween playlist.

3. Haunted -- Taylor Swift

This song has a bit of a darker, heavier sound than most might expect from America's favorite popstar. It will leave a haunting presence in any room, but won't fail to get the party people dancing.

4. Bad Moon Rising – Creedence Clearwater Revival

This song is a classic and sounds fun at first, but then you start to wonder if maybe you should take CCR’s advice “don’t go out tonight.” After all, anything can happen on the spookiest day of the year.

5. Skeleton -- The Front Bottoms

I can’t help but include a song from one of my all-time favorite bands on any playlist I put together. This song has an upbeat rhythm that will make you want to go from walking around like a skeleton to moving and grooving on the dance floor.

6. Monster Mash -- Bobby "Boris" Pickett

This one doesn't really need any explanation as to why it is on the list. We all love to release our inner monsters while dancing to this fun Halloween classic.

7. Dig Up Her Bones -- The Misfits

I would be inappropriate to overlook the band who gave us horror punk when putting together a creepy playlist. This song will give any Halloween party a rush of energy that could only come from the intense, heavy sound of the Misfits.

8. The House of the Rising Sun -- The Animals

This 1960s his is a perfect song to give you the Halloween feels. Between the eerie vocals and instrumentals and the storytelling lyrics, this song is sure to get you in the spirit of the holiday.

9. Disturbia – Rhianna

I certainly can’t forget this song that we all loved to sing and dance to when it was released in 2007. It might make one question his/her own sanity, but this song will still make everyone want to get up and dance.

10. Two of a Crime – Perma

This unusual love song tells the story of two criminals finding each other and falling in love through their horrific common interests. It’s the perfect Halloween fairy tale.

11. I Put a Spell on You – Screamin’ Jay Hawkins

It’s the time of the season for spells and magic. So why not throw a song about casting a spell on someone onto your Halloween playlist?

12. I Am a Nightmare – Brand New

As another personal favorite of mine, I added this song to the list because of its fun energy that will get any crowd jamming this Halloween. It also seems appropriate, leaving you wondering if you’re Halloween will be filled with nightmares or with miracles.

13. Superstition – Stevie Wonder

It seems like everyone feels a little extra superstitious around this time of year, so it only makes sense to add this suspicious tune to the list.

14. Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr.

This song doesn’t need much of an explanation. If any ghosts are trying to crash your Halloween party, you know who to call.