14 Chance The Rapper Songs You Should Listen To

These songs will make you an instant Chance the Rapper fan.

246
gq.com

2016 has been a great year for Chance the Rapper. He released his third mixtape, Coloring Book independently and for free. It became the first streaming-only album to chart on Billboard, ranking at #8 on the "Billboard 200" chart. His song "Angels" from the mixtape was nominated for a MTV VMA. Additionally, he has been featured on songs like Kanye West's "Ultralight Beam", Busta Rhymes' "Hello", and Jamila Woods' "LSD". With that being said, here is a list of some of my favorite Chance the Rapper songs.

1. Hey Ma ft. Lili K and Peter Cottontale

This was the closing song from Chance the Rapper's first mixtape 10 Day. It's a definite dedication to all moms or "anyone who has been a mother to a motherless child".

2. Juke Juke

This song, also on 10 Day, is filled with energy. It's really hard not to dance to this one.

3. Juke Jam ft. Towkio and Justin Bieber

I couldn't put "Juke Juke" on the list without putting this one on as well. The description and storytelling really shines. It's hard not to vibe to this one.

4. Everybody's Something ft. Saba and BJ the Chicago Kid

First of all, the Slum Village sample snatches you in immediately. On top of that, Chance's ad-libs fit so well. Saba killed his verse and BJ the Chicago Kid's vocals are so soulful and calming in contrast with the hard beat.

5. Cocoa Butter Kisses ft. Vic Mensa and Twista

This is the song that really made me become a Chance fan. Most teenagers and young adults can relate to this song. The beat drop is so heavy and perfect in timing for the calming music that preludes it. The features are perfect for this song. When I heard Twista, I was like

6. Lost ft. Noname

This song was my first introduction to Noname. She and Chance never disappoint in their collaborations. This is a beautiful song about an almost meaningless relationship and how both partners deal with being in it.

7. How Great ft. Jay Electronica and My Cousin Nicole

This is the perfect mix of gospel and rap music. Jay Electronica's verse is probably my favorite guest verse on Coloring Book.

8. Blessings (Reprise) ft. Ty Dolla Sign

This is the closing song on Coloring Book and the emotion is overflowing. From the lyrics to the vocals this song is top notch.

9. Wonderful Everyday: Arthur

This song made me fall in love with the Arthur TV show all over again.

10. Brain Cells

The opening verse is just wild to me. I still try to rap along with it, but that never turns out well. Additionally, Peter Cottontale's production is definitely head bobbing.

11. Windows ft. Alex Wiley and Akenya Seymour

I feel so happy and carefree when I hear this song and Akenya's vocal's had me like

12. Prom Night

This song had me so excited about prom. It's perfect for any "highschool senior" playlist.

13. Same Drugs

This song is so sentimental and always reminds me, "Don't forget the happy thoughts. All you need is happy thoughts."

14. Acid Rain

This song is so chill but at the same the lyrics still make you think. Plus, watching him perform this at Lollapalooza when he says the "eyes closed seeing arenas" line is just dope.