13 Time The Office Described Thoughts You Have When Someone Asks You About Your Career Goals

It's okay to not have a plan yet, but these Office moments are oh, so relatable.

277
13  Time The Office Described Thoughts You Have When Someone Asks You About Your Career Goals

This is probably every college student's least favorite question, but don't be afraid to say you don't know! Not having every detail of your life figured out yet is fine, and you have plenty of time to get it together. But for now, let's look at some relatable moments from The Office that really sum up the feels on this issue.

1. I refuse to grow up.

Complete denial. I will never be an adult with a job.

2. You mean college eventually ends?

College is a lot of work, but at least I make my own schedule and can sleep until 2 p.m. on the weekends if I want.

3. Ask me again when I'm done with these 5 papers, 8 assignments, and 3 exams if I still want a job some day.

You mean I have to work more after college? Can I just retire now?

4. Actually, I'm just going to be a stripper.

I've decided it'd just be easier this way. Time to let the world see my mad dance skills.

5. What random job will I answer with today because I still have no idea what I want to do with my life...

I'm interested in 100 different things, and I haven't narrowed it down to one yet, so I'll just pick the first one that pops into my head and pretend like a have a plan.

6. Is watching Netflix an acceptable career?

This is something I enjoy and am good at, and you're supposed to love your job right? Perfect!

7. Whatever pays the most that I can do from the comfort of my bed.

Getting out of bed is such a drag. It's just so warm and comfy here.

8. I've had my whole life to find the answer to this question and I still don't know!

I have existential crises once a week on this topic, and I still don't have an answer.

9. Can I just be a unicorn?

Beautiful, can fly, glitter, everyone would love me, sounds good.

10. Is giving bad advice a career choice?

Convincing your friend to go out the night before their big exam was probably a bad idea.

11. Is making bad decisions a career choice?

We're all just trying to do our best here. Some are doing better than others.

12. I am but a wee college student, I am not adulty enough to answer this.

I just barely started this adulting thing, please be patient with me.

13. I don't know, just gonna wing it.

Sometimes you've got to fail before you fly.

We all know how panic inducing it can be when someone asks us what our career goals are, but always remember you have a lot of time to figure this out. Some 40-year-olds still don't know "what they want to be when they grow up"! If you try one thing and don't like it, pick something else! And never feel like you're stuck. The possibilities are endless, so just find something you think you'll love and give it your best shot!