12 Underrated Netflix Movies

12 Underrated Netflix Movies

Get a friend and watch these ASAP.

94
12 Underrated Netflix Movies
What's on Netflix

Netflix is always the go-to for a binge watching session but not always for a movie night. People are constantly complaining that Netflix doesn't have enough movies to keep a person entertained. Sure, there are a few classics that should never be deleted and can always be rewatched, but sometimes you have got to search a little harder for those hidden gems. Here is a brief compilation of some of the best Netflix movies I've seen that you may not have found underneath all of the other fluff.

1. My All American

Starring the handsome Finn Wittrock, this movie is enrapturing. It follows a high school football through his college career, and as you probably guessed, is a total tear jerker. If you plan on watching this one, grab your tissues because you'll need them.

2. Revenge of the Bridesmaids

Up until a few weeks ago, I would have assumed this movie would automatically fly to the top of anyone's list, but I was incorrect. This ABC Family classic TV movie is one of my all time favorites. Full of drama and Raven Symone, this movie is always the right move.

3. A Girl Like Her

This movie is so important. It is not a choice for a fun night in or a movie night with all your friends. The portrayal of extreme bullying in this movie is terrifying and enlightening. I recommend this movie to anyone, given its extremely important message.

4. Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

Having a gay best friend is all fun and games until you both fall in love with the same guy *gasp* Victoria Justice is brought back to life in this movie filled with lust, love and betrayal. Highly recommend for a light, fun movie.

5. Keith

I want to cry now just thinking about this movie. Jesse McCartney, my preteen heartthrob, shines like gold. I simply cannot put into words the effect this movie had on my emotional stability, so just watch it and sob. You'll love it.

6. It's A Boy Girl Thing

This one is probably more of a classic than a true hidden gem, but it is so good I couldn't leave it out. It is basically "Freaky Friday" but instead of a mom/daughter switch it's a boy/girl and enemy switch. Two people who have barely anything in common suddenly living each other's lives. Amazing.

7. Good Kids

This new movie, that they're attempting to advertise to be like "American Pie," is crazy and good. Four best friends are heading into their summer before college. I am sure you can imagine what their goal is. Enjoy!

8. 23 Blast

Another sports movie! Never in my life did I think that these kinds of movies would appeal to me, but here we are. When there's love and loss, I become immediately interested. This movie has got it all. Cute football players and a tragic event. Watch to find out how it all goes down!

9. High Strung

I love, love, love dance movies, and this one sure does deliver. I was unsure what I was getting into at the beginning, but I am so glad I stuck through because it was incredible. The talent that is shown throughout the entire movie is remarkable. I wish I could dance or play the violin like these folks.

10. Forever Strong

Kill me because this is another sports movie and because this movie is so great. Sean Faris gave me more life than ever before. I thought he couldn't top his appearance in "Sleepover," but here we are. Thriving.

11. Chalk It Up

In all honesty, this movie is terrible. The acting is poor and the message is okay, but if you love gymnastics and cheerleading movies as much as I do, this will be a hit in your heart.

12. The Last Five Years

A more specific audience would be interested in this movie than the rest listed above. Everything is sung in this movie. It is more intense than a musical, and I am truly unsure of the chronological order of the scenes, but it is really good. Anna Kendrick does amazing, as anyone would think.

There a ton more that I have watched and loved but simply cannot remember at this time. Dig deep into the Netflix hole of movies and you are bound to find some hits.