11 Things Oklahoma State Students Are Thankful For

There's no denying that we have plenty to be thankful for here in the land of America's brightest orange!

26
family lisecensed by N/A

It's Thanksgiving week and we here in Stillwater, OK, are not slow to realize that we have a lot to be thankful for. Out of all the things we have in this perfect little town, here are 11 of the best things we have to be thankful for, always.

1. Velveeta shells and cheese are typically 4 for $5 at the grocery store.

Let’s be honest with ourselves, in college we are always looking for the best deals on food. After you graduate, you might never want to look at mac and cheese again. But for now, it’s usually four for five dollars at the grocery store so why not? Lots of food for little money, its every college kid's dream.

2. $20,000 tuition sometimes gets us a discount at local businesses.

Every year, we spend about $20,000 on tuition, but it does come with its perks. Sometimes you do get student discounts at local businesses. I mean, come on! Ten percent off a taco is worth every penny of our $20,000 tuition, right?

3. Dry shampoo and leggings (for the ladies).

Ladies of Oklahoma State, let’s be honest with ourselves. Most of us would not make it to class looking halfway decent if it wasn’t for dry shampoo and leggings. Most may call this laziness, but we call it efficiency. There are some days when real pants and washing your hair just aren’t going to happen, and that’s when dry shampoo and leggings come into play. Thanks to these two essential products for helping us continue to look presentable!

4. Sperrys (for the guys out there).

Guys, while us ladies have dry shampoo and leggings as our secret weapon, you have Sperrys. The wonderful alternative to a real shoe! They look classy and feel comfortable as you walk to class. They’re also a shoe that you can wear practically year-round. Thank you to Sperrys for showing guys how to look nice without much effort!

5. Professors That Are Just As Lazy As We Are.

Sometimes we get those professors that expect two essays a week and homework every night, then other times we get lucky and end up with a professor who wants to be in class just as much as we do-which is never. We students are thankful for professors with as little motivation as we have from time to time, because who doesn’t love cancelled classes and getting an “A” with minimal effort?

6. Campus-wide WiFi.

This is pretty self-explanatory. Campus WiFi is a life saver for any college student. We are thankful that we can browse our Twitter feed and Pinterest during and between classes to curb our boredom without going over on our monthly data plan. College without WiFi would be an incredibly scary place.

7. Friends with Meal Plans.

Once you move off campus, you don’t think to purchase a meal plan. That is, until the first day you’re stuck on campus during lunch, starving, and in grave need of food with no meal plan. Thank you OSU for making students purchase meal plans much bigger than what they really need, because that means they have extra meal plan money to spend on their starving, off-campus friends who so wrongly thought they would never need a meal plan ever again.

8. Free t-shirts.

College is great for many reasons, but one of the greatest things about college is the free t-shirts. Faculty know we’re broke and have no money to spend on clothes, so they lure us in to doing what they want by offering free t-shirts. By the end of freshman year, it seems that almost every wardrobe we wear consists of a free t-shirt we got at some event we attended on campus. But we’re not complaining about the t-shirts, we’re thankful for free clothes! Who isn’t?

9. Dirty Curty’s at 2am!

On Friday and Saturday nights after a long night on the Strip, there is nothing that us OSU students are more thankful for than dirty curtys! We’re not really sure what is so incredible about them, but they are. If you’re not craving a curty by the time you leave the Strip, you’re not ready to go home yet. May dirty curtys forever live!

10. Boone Pickens

Although he won’t pay for our tuition yet, Boone Pickens has done so much for our school! At OSU, we are more than thankful for Mr. Pickens and all that he has given to us, because without him, our incredible football stadium, the Noble Research Center, Student Union, and many other areas on campus would not look as breath taking as they do today. Our campus is one of the most beautiful in the nation, and he definitely has a little bit to do with that.

11. Your College Family.

Going to college can be lonely at times, but it never fails that at some point, we all meet those few special people that become our “college family.” These people will see you at your highest and lowest of moments. They cry with you when you fail your calculus exam and go out and celebrate with you just because. No matter what, these people will always be by your side and will always have your back. They might be your “college family” but they will also be your forever family. There is nothing that we are more thankful for than our college family.