12 Things That Girls Who Lift Will Understand

Do you even lift, bro?

24
Brittani Varney

When you start working out, it eventually will become an addiction. The stronger you get, the better you feel, and suddenly you find yourself ditching your go-to stair master machine for the squat rack you've been staring at. Yep, you’re officially a "girl who lifts".

We can lift just as much as those guys in the gym (not all because some are monstrous), we just do it with lip gloss and painted nails.

1. Our phones look like this in the morning

2. We get up at an unholy time and torture our bodies for an hour at the gym…

But we still show up to work with more energy then your triple shot latte can ever give you.

3. We look forward to cheat day like it's Christmas.

4. “Complaining” about the callouses on your hands.

They’re so gross-looking, but you just have to show everyone.

5. You can handle the 45-lb plates just fine, thank you, but guys still try to help you.

6. but you will never say no for help from the cute trainer dude.

"I think there is too much stress on my shoulders. Can you tell me if I am doing this right?"

7. We're not afraid to lift.

8. And when you tell people you lift, they always ask, "Aren't you scared of getting bulky?"

And you must restrain yourself from using your muscles (which you got from lifting) to hurt them.

9. When he says "Skip the gym and come see me"

I will see you after the gym.

10. Mentally critiquing other people's form

Whoa—that guy's entire body is going into that bicep curl.

11. Sometimes you challenge people to arm wrestles when you’re drunk.

12. Those creepy guys be like..

.. don't mind me I'm just watching.