12 Things All A Cappella Kids Know To Be True

A Cappella is A Ca-Mazing

68

In the world of a cappella, there are several universal truths that apply to all a ca-kids and all groups. Despite our differences, we all appreciate these truths after we sign up for a cappella.

1. Performance anxiety is very real

When you stand in front of a group of fifteen people and have to sing for them while they take notes and look at you with completely straight faces, no matter who you are or how well you can sing, your heart will be in your throat.

2. But being a part of the group can be a real confidence booster

Once you get used to the idea of performing in public, everything seems a bit easier.

3. When you welcome newbies, everyone celebrates

The party scene in “Pitch Perfect” is legit. Once all the a cappella groups on campus have accepted their new recruits for the year, everyone gets together for a massive party. Newbies are warmly welcomed into the big, crazy, musical family that is a cappella.

4. No one will judge you for anything

Because chances are, they’ve seen/done weirder shit…

5. Inner-group relationships are very real…

And they’re dramatic AF.

Wether it’s two kids from one group dating each other, or two kids from different groups dating each other, there is a very high likelihood of a ca-babies.

6. There will always be one group that you love to hate…

7. And one that you hate to love.

8. Riff-offs happen

And they’re a damn good time.

9. Every group has a sick beatboxer

And when they get going, everyone loses their damn minds.

10. Choreo will kick your ass

Unfortunately, there’s no way around it.

11. Everything accidentally becomes beautiful

When everyone starts singing impromptu harmonies, and you hit that sweet spot where the blend is just right, the sound you make as a group is the most magical thing in the world.

12. A Cappella = Family

Even though you drive each other crazy, you’re dysfunctional and don’t know what you’re doing half the time, you will find your greatest friends through a cappella. Different groups have different dynamics, but one thing is universally true: your a cappella group is your family, and family sticks together.