12 Signs We Are Getting Old Through A Gen Z Perspective

A look back through an early Gen Z perspective on what was trending and now has died

100
Unsplash

If you have not realized it yet, the people born in the late 90's and early 2000's are all grown up. Our early Generation Z culture has influenced what was our childhood and early teen years. Are you still uncertain how the early Gen Z culture is still not grown up yet? Or whether or not you would like to reminisce the trends of our childhood and teen years, here are 12 signs we as an early Gen Z culture are getting older:

1. Flappy Bird came out 8 years ago

Remember this game? We bet you do. Flappy Bird is a mobile game that was released on May 24, 2013. I bet when you think of how you played this game as a teen you feel old now.

2. Drawing The 'Cool S' as a kid

The "Cool S", also known as the "Stussy S", "Super S", "Superman S", "Pointy S", "Graffiti S", and many other names were all part of our childhood. When you were ever bored during classes as a 3rd grader you would draw this to pass the time.

3. The Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino was discontinued

In April of 2017, Starbucks introduced the Unicorn Frap, made with ice, milk, pink powder, and sour blue powder. It was heavily critized for its amount in sugar and then discontinued. We will always remember how you made our lives a bit sweeter.

4. Shrek came out 20 years ago

I bet you have never seen a donkey fly! Yes the Shrek series were the childhood movies of a true Gen Z'er. From watching the many adventures in rescuing Princess Fionna to getting married and having ogre babies you made sure to never miss out on the latest Shrek film.

5. Despicable Me came out 11 years ago

These yellow and cute things you are seeing in this movie are known as minions. Despicable Me will gravitate more towards the childhood of a late Gen Z'er and the minion became a popular Halloween costume and memes for our older Gen Z'ers.

6. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is long gone

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, was an activity involving the pouring of a bucket of ice water over a person's head, either by another person or self-administered, to promote awareness of the disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and encourage donations to research was so 2014. This was a fad and you saw MANY of these videos flood your social media accounts.

7. Temple Run is now a decade old

As demon monkeys chase you in the forests and temples it is your job to not get caught or chased by them or you would be dead meat. This was definetly a game you would be playing with your newest IPhone 4.

8. You are now excited how ICarly is on Netflix

The popular show ICarly came out 2007 and you are now watching it as it came out on Netflix a few weeks ago. Rewatching these episodes gives you a feeling and sense of nostalgia.

9. You grew up dancing with the Harlem Shake

The Harlem Shake came out 2012, and you and your friends would be dancing to that song all day long. You even uploaded these funny videos on Youtube where you can still see them to this day.

10.  Hannah Montana

Before she was known as Miley Cyrus, she was Hannah Montana. Every girl no matter whether they were still a kid or even a teen wanted to be like Hannah Montana. She touched the lives of many of our younger folks. A special bonus is given to those who learned and still remember the Hoedown Throwdown dance.

11. Bottle flipping was so 5 years ago

It was in 2016 when bottle flipping was considered a trend. People will flip their empty water bottles with the attempt of making it land upright on its base or cap. This grew very intense in high school with many competitions.

12. You read and watched the Diary of A Wimpy Kid series

The late 2000's was when the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series came out then the early 2010's a few of the movies. You loved reading how Greg was miserable as being the middle child.