11 Times When I Realized That I'm Turning Into My Mother

Who said that's a bad thing?

197

We've all had those moments where we think to ourselves, "Wow, I just sounded like my mother!" Then, we start to develop some of those motherly habits. From that point on, there's really no stopping it. You're turning into your mother and it's time to accept it.

1. I force my friends to text me when they've gotten home safely.

As annoyed as my friends might be by this, it makes me feel better to know that they're safe.

2. At sporting events, I turn into that obnoxious fan while cheering on my friends and siblings.

If everyone around you can't hear you, then they definitely can't hear you on the field.

3. I keep up with the latest neighborhood gossip.

Although I do hear the gossip from my mother, I'm the first one who my friends from home come to when they're wondering what's going on at home.

4. My purse is filled with tissues, bobby pins, and various other emergency items.

I always wondered how my mom fit all of that stuff in her purse, but then I got the magic touch too.

5. I've started borrowing clothes from my mother's closet.

After all, I did receive my fashion sense from my mom.

6. I've started constantly correcting people's grammar.

"Can I go to the bathroom?"

"I don't know, can you?"

7. I've started using some of my favorite mom-phrases.

There are a million phrases that moms say all the time. My favorite phrase that my mother always says is, "That's what you get for thinking when you're not used to it."

8. I even find myself using the phrase "kids these days" frequently.

As if I'm not still a kid, myself. 19 is technically still a teenager.

9. I'd rather stay in while watching my favorite TV show than go out.

My friends all know it to be true. I'd rather stay in than go out on pretty much any night.

10. I've developed that distinctly disappointed look.

It's that look that all moms have. Somehow, they don't have to say anything and you know that you did something wrong.

11. I try to look for the positive in bad situations.

One of the most important things that my mom ever taught me was to look for the positives in situations. Yeah, maybe that person is acting like a you-know-what, but maybe there's more to the story.

Everything that I am today, I owe to my mother. Some people may think that it's a bad thing to be turning into their mothers, but I couldn't be prouder. If I'm half the person who my mother is today, then I'll be ecstatic.