11 Things You'll Know And Love After Your First Year At UGA

SEC football with an Ivy League education... What more could you want?

179
Personal Photo

I finished my last day of classes of my freshman year at UGA, and I can truly say it's the most bittersweet thing.

To help all the new baby Dawgs coming in August, here's a list of things I learned in my first year at the greatest university in the world.

1. Accounting 1, Chem 1211, and Pre-Calc........

Even if you don't take these classes, you know someone that does and the struggles that they're going through.

2. The love between frat bros is love in its purest form.

3. Public Ivy is NOT just a selling point.

It doesn't mean you go to a school that's "just a state school" because the University of Virginia and UNC Chapel Hill are also on that list, and those aren't just state schools :)

4. The educational standard is sometimes next to impossible.

I didn't even know people applying for their majors was a thing, but, at UGA, most majors have you apply to them after taking very hard pre-reqs (see acct 1).

5. But you wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else.

Dawgs, baby.

6. If you didn't have school spirit in high school, you will now.

All it takes is one Saturday in Athens in Sanford.

7. The chances of finding a study room in the MLC at any given point are zero to none.

96 study rooms is not enough!!!!!

8. Your college friends are the greatest friends that you have ever had and will ever have.

Shoutout to all my people!!!

9. All of traditions make you even happier to be a Dawg.

Fourth quarters in Sanford, ringing the Chapel bell when you get an A in a hard class, jumping in the fountain even though you're ~technically~ not allowed to (oops), and Calling the Dawgs are just a few.

10. Stepping out of your comfort zone is the best thing in the world.

Whether it's rushing a sorority or just sitting with a random person in the dining hall, it really does make you a more confident person.

11. You'll know EXACTLY when the Tate crosswalk will let you cross.

You'll just know.