The 11 Stages Of Thanksgiving Break

The 11 Stages Of Thanksgiving Break

We're all going to experience them.

18
The 11 Stages Of Thanksgiving Break
Blogspot

It's that time of the year again! No, I'm not talking about the Christmas season. We're moving toward that, but we can't forget about Thanksgiving. Now that Thanksgiving is already coming up this week, college students around the world are packing up their belongings and heading home for a week long break. While on this break, most people are expecting to catch up on sleep, get some homework done (or maybe not) and most importantly, eat until they can't eat anymore! While all of these things are currently on our to-do lists, we each will succumb to eleven stages during the break.

1. The excitement while packing for Thanksgiving break.

So long college dorm and so long campus! I'll see you when I see you!

2. The joy when realizing you don't have to attend class.

No class for a whole week?! Are you sure Santa didn't come a little early this year?

3. Returning home to your family.

Familial love is definitely in the air. Some of us haven't seen our families since we moved onto campus back in September. It feels great seeing them again (somewhat)!

4. Hanging out with your high school best friends.

You're all home from college and you're reunited and it feels so good!

5. Waking up to watch the Thanksgiving Day parade.

I mean, it's an annual tradition. You've waited an entire year to watch it again! How could you even consider missing it?

6. Finally being able to catch up on sleep.

And the bonus is that you can sleep in your own bed. What a time to be alive!

7. THANKSGIVING FOOD!

Seriously. This is the whole point of this break, so stop your judgment and allow me to eat.

8. Answering your family's invasive questions.

"Are you dating anyone right now?" "What happened between you and *insert person you no longer associate with*?"

9. Being so full from eating, but continuing to eat anyways.

You can't do this with college food because it doesn't even come close to tasting the same. Thanksgiving is the time where we can stuff our faces with no regrets. We can worry about those extra pounds in a few days.

10. Indulging in leftovers before returning back to campus.

Why pack it up when I can just eat it now?!

11. Realizing that you must now face finals.

Well, finals suck but at least that means the semester will be over in about two weeks.