11 Stages Of A Crush As Told By Disney Characters

"There may be something there that wasn't there before." -- "Beauty and the Beast"

43

It happens to all of us: you spot a cute person in your class, on the bus, or at the gym. The next thing you know, you see them everywhere. There is a just something about them that sparks your interest. Suddenly, you want to know more about them. Do you talk to them? Would that be weird?

You guessed it: you have caught yourself a crush. When you finally admit that you have developed a crush, you tend to fall into the majority of these steps. Don't worry; you are not alone.

1. Who is that?

The first time you see them you are a little taken aback. You begin to question why you have never seen them around campus before, but all that matters is that now you have.

2. Introducing yourself.

When it finally comes time to meet them, you have a little talk with yourself. Play it cool. Act casual. Don't panic. Just say hi. You introduce yourself, and it feels like the biggest accomplishment ever.

3. Gush over the interaction with your friends.

Your friends are always your biggest cheerleaders and are always eager to hear all about it. They want every single detail. No matter how small the interaction is, they are ready to pick it apart for a deeper meaning.

4. Creeping. (Don't act like you don't do it.)

The race to find out about them begins. You ask your friends if they know them and you hit up all of their social media profiles. Facebook is usually a dead-end unless they are very public with their information. Twitter is either a hit or a miss depending on whether or not they even use it. Instagram is usually the most helpful, but be careful where you tap; that picture is most likely from 100 weeks ago.

5. Creating an image in your head.

By now you only know what they look like and whatever you could find on social media or from mutual friends. Naturally, you imagine them as sweet, amazing, funny, kind, smart, athletic, etc. In reality, you know nothing about their personality except for the image you have created of them in your mind.

6. Hoping you will run into them on campus again.

Every time you are out and about you secretly hope that you see them. Ever since the first time you saw them you can't stop thinking about them.

7. When you finally see them again you're at a loss for words.

You finally get your shot and your whole brain decides to clear. Isn't it great? You try to say something, but what do you even say? You might stumble out a few words, but they most definitely make no sense at all. No one knows how, but you get their number.

8. Actually hanging out.

Somehow you end up making plans to meet up and get to know each other. The whole time you are just surprised you are there and it's actually happening. You can't help but light up at everything they say.

9. Getting hit with no text back.

You text them sometime after hanging out and worry about them replying as soon as you send it. After days without a sign of life you take the hint.

10. Seeing them in public.

You see them with another girl and you can't help but feel infuriated. In your heart you know if it was meant to be it would, but it still hurts a little to be ignored.

11. Repeat the process.

You might want to give up after getting "crushed," but you'll most likely bounce back sooner than you think.