11 Signs K-Pop Has Taken Over Your Life

11 Signs K-Pop Has Taken Over Your Life

It's just a hobby...right?

63
11 Signs K-Pop Has Taken Over Your Life
Facebook

Becoming a fan of K-Pop is like opening a can of worms—a money draining, time consuming, very awesome can of worms. No one has ever dipped their toes into the pool of this music genre without falling in head first. It's intriguing, mysterious, entertaining, and a whole lot of fun (and will certainly lead you on many crazy adventures in your lifetime). The K-Pop fandom shares a common array of feelings, struggles, and emotions that are only understandable to those within the community. If you are concerned your obsession is getting out of hand, you may want to double check with these hazardous signs (and if you're anything like me, you have experienced all of them):

1. All your money goes to merchandise or concert tickets (bonus points if you have ever bought a gift for your bias).

2. You are a self-proclaimed K-Pop choreography expert.

3. You know exactly when 12 a.m. KST is in your timezone and prepare yourself for potential music videos, teaser pictures, or comeback announcements.

4. People ask you how you suddenly became so proficient in Hangul.

5. You are overprotective of your bias and believe they are a special snowflake who deserves all the love in the world.

5. You have learned to ignore people who say "You can't even understand them!" or "Why is this guy wearing makeup?"

6. You get really excited when you receive your bias' photo card and can add it to your collection.

8. You met one of your best friends through your mutual love for K-Pop.

9. You incorporate K-Pop into as many school assignments as possible (and have actually been excited to do your homework).

10. You have stayed up all night or woken up very early to see a live broadcast in another timezone.

11. You have seen your favorite band in concert and it was the best day of your life.