11 Questions All College Athletes Have

11 Questions All College Athletes Have

What is a social life?

12
11 Questions All College Athletes Have
giphy

Almost every athlete in America strives to play at some sort of collegiate level. After years of hard work and training, many are rewarded with this honor. Whether you are D1 or NAIA, college athletes all have similar lifestyles. Here are 11 questions every college athlete has.

1. Why aren't the dining halls open 24/7?

Seriously. We cannot sustain life with only three meals a day. Please feed us, because by 8 p.m. we usually feel like we haven't eaten in three weeks rather than the three hours it's actually been.

2. What is off-season?

Remember high school when a season lasted three months, tops? That seems like a dream now. Now we celebrate when we only have to do eight sprints instead of ten, even though the season doesn't start for nine more months.

3. How many sprints can you do until you actually die?

In this case, Cady Heron, the limit does exist. I promise that there is a limit, and I have been about two sprints away from it at almost every practice.

4. Do I really have to go to class?

I know I'm technically a "Student -athlete" but do I really have to go? Practicing for three hours a day just seems like enough to me. Let me take my classes online and actually get to sleep before practice.

5. Why aren't there elevators in every building?

The architects that built these buildings have obviously never been sore. I have two words for you: leg day.

6. Is going out really worth it?

I am constantly tired and constantly hungry. I do not have the time, money, or energy to try to pretend like I'm not already thinking about how many times I am going to throw up at sprints becuase of this alcohol.

7. How badly do I smell right now? Can other people smell me?

To my fellow classmates: I am so sorry. Sometimes we have practice before class, sometimes I have to go to class in my practice uniform, and sometimes I just really don't have the energy to shower. Bless your hearts and your noses for understanding.

8. Do the trainers ever actually wash our practice clothes?

I almost throw up every time I put on my practice gear. There is a difference between putting clothes into a washing machine, and actually turning the washing machine on.

9. What if I actually just quit?

We've all had this thought. Probably about 15 times a day. Somehow we still wake up every day to run our butts off and feel like we're going to die for two hours a day.

10. Does coach actually hate me?

He's only made me cry three times this week, so maybe not...I don't know though. Just kidding, he most definitely hates us all.

11. What do other people do with their lives?

Serious, sports run my life. I spend five hours a day with my teammates. How do you guys make friends? What do you do with all this free time? And how do you still say you don't have time for homework?