11 Lessons To Learn From Disney

11 Lessons To Learn From Disney

Disney is more than just princesses and happy endings

43
11 Lessons To Learn From Disney
Mental Floss

Walt Disney gave us the opportunity to explore our imagination and create memories beyond reality. However his greater impact often goes unnoticed. Walt Disney taught us significant life lessons that have a daily impact! Read on to see what has been lurking in between the castle walls and hiding in between the lions.

1. "Lion King": It’s OK to fail.

At some point, you will discover failure. You will run away from your mistakes secluded and lost. As horrific as this sounds, Disney taught us that this is OK, because only then you will find your true self. Once you under go self evaluation and your failures have been accepted, you can grow up and return to your pride, ready to take on your future.

2. "Tangled": Leave the castle walls.

As humans we naturally fear change. We choose to stick to our daily line-ups. However, in order to find our dreams, change is a necessity. Break down your internal castle walls that entrap you to normality and escape them. Explore not only your dreams, but explore yourself. Because only then will your life begin.

3. "Pocahontas": Be openminded.

There are so many people in the world. Different names, different styles, different races. But all people are people, even the ones who don’t look like you. Do not judge until you know their story, or better yet eliminate judging others entirely. Be openminded and explore the opinions of others because you’ll learn things you never knew you never knew. It’s better to paint with all the colors of the wind.

4. "Winnie the Pooh": Have confidence in yourself.

In today’s society, it is difficult to express yourself as you. There are several standards to be followed and people are always standing by to criticize. However, have confidence in yourself to share the love you carry inside. Show the world that you are braver, stronger, and smarter than it thinks.

5. "Lilo & Stitch": Family comes first.

Family is a beautiful blessing. It is strong and unbreakable. Family is built off of an everlasting foundation of love and no matter how terrible the time, it will always be supportive. Put your family first, for they are the people who tend to know you more than you know yourself. They will always have your back and so should you.

6. "Frozen": Put others before yourself.

Some moments call for selfishness, but in most cases try to remain as selfless as possible. Put others’ needs before your own and you will gain respect. Before you decide to follow through with an action, process how you will impact those around you. Strive to benefit others and embrace them with warm hugs!

7. "The Little Mermaid": Never let your voice go unheard.

We don’t realize how much power we have in our own words. We use words to express ourselves, to make connections, and to even pursue our dreams. When we can’t voice our opinions to reveal our identities we can be easily taken advantage of. Our voice is a part of our world, so be heard!

8. "Finding Nemo": Never give up.

At some point we will lose things, whether it is a job, a sporting event, or even a loved one. The journey will seem long and unbearable. Quitting is so tempting and the fear of being disappointed again is terrifying. It is OK to hit speed bumps along the way, but just keep swimming!

9. "Up": Live for adventure.

The world is filled with magnificent things and adventure waits behind every corner. Travel and see places! Expose yourself to the people of the world and make life long friendships. Life itself is filled with never-ending adventures. Don’t fear it! Fly towards it!

10. "Toy Story": Reach for the sky.

Your goals are never out of the realm of reality. The best way to achieve them is with everlasting friendships to support you a long the way. Give all of your effort to achieve what you desire. Even if you try too hard, it’s OK to excel past infinity and beyond.

11. "Beauty and the Beast": Give love a chance.

Love is a magical feeling. Don’t fear it. People can be surprising. Give everyone and equal chance to your heart. Leave the ones who take you for granted and don’t appreciate you in the past, because you may be surprised with those who actually love you the most. Love does not have to be perfect; it just has to be true.