11 Important Life Lessons

11 Important Life Lessons

Life is short. Be bold.

60
11 Important Life Lessons

An old saying has said that you do learn something new everyday. This saying happens to be correct. Although life is an unfair game that we all had been born to play, it does teach us great and valuable lessons. We learn these lessons in some of our weakest and strongest moments. they help us learn more about who we really are, while preparing us for the rest of our lives. Here are 11 life lessons that are necessary.

1. We're All Human

As humans we break down and cry. We get frustrated, angry, and paranoid. After we have these episodes we may become embarrassed, or even regret it. As much as these experiences are painful, they teach us something. They teach us that we have feelings and that it's okay to feel them. None of this means that you are weak; it means that you are a person.

As people, we become compelled to pretend like everything is perfect, that we know exactly where we are going. Unfortunately, this is not true. We become confused. We make mistakes. No one is alone in this process. Picking yourself back up from a vulnerable moment is sometimes the strongest thing one could do.

2. It All Comes Together

Your world will feel like it's ending 100 times. Your world will burst into complete chaos every so often. You will hate it. You will feel out of control. However, your world will come back together. You'll find yourself feeling complete once again. The chaos doesn't last forever.

3. Don't Take Anything for Granted

I'm sure everyone has heard this many times before. But it's the truth. It's so easy to take something, or someone for granted. As people, we get use to a routine. We get used to seeing someone everyday, or seeing something everyday that we forget that nothing is permanent. It's important that you take the time to acknowledge every single aspect of your life. Acknowledge the ones you love and what makes you happy. Give thanks to those in your life that make it worth living.

4. Life is Short. Be Bold.

Life isn't worth waiting. Instead, life is about doing. Don't waste your life waiting for your "big break", a reason to drink the fancy champagne in your refrigerator, or waiting for a call from someone who you know won't call. Make these things happen. Work harder every day to your next achievement. Drink that champagne on any occasion. Either call that person on your own or learn to walk away. From birth to death we don't get much time. Therefore, we don't have the time to be waiting around. Yes, patience is a virtue, but patience can only get you so far.

5. Miracles Do Happen

Sometimes they don't happen right away, but in time they do. I said you couldn't wait for everything. However, something as precious as a miracle is worth the wait.

6. You Don't Have to Like Everyone

Holding grudges isn't healthy, but letting go of a grudge does not mean forgiveness. Honestly, not everyone will deserve your time and forgiveness. Stop holding a grudge and stop thinking about them. Instead, let them go. Let them go from your life.

7. Not Everyone Will Like You Either

No, you do not have to do something terrible and unforgivable for someone to dislike you. No matter how great of a person you are, someone will find a reason as to why you're not their cup of tea. This can be aggravating. Truthfully, the aggravation is not worth your time. Learn to be yourself and surround yourself with those who make you feel fulfilled.

8. Love Yourself

You're going to be you for well...your whole life. You can try to be someone else, but you're going to fail. It's important to love yourself, to be yourself because it's all you really have.

9. Impossibility is Only a State of Mind

Things are claimed impossible because nobody has achieved them. Achieve what was once thought impossible. Stop being afraid. The unknown is only the unknown because nobody has yet to explore it. Be brave and go explore. Impossible is only a word until someone changes it.

10. Fix your MIstakes

Hiding from mistakes has done nothing for anyone. Stop hiding and go fix it. You'll feel much better. Make peace with your mistakes by taking care of them.

11. Spread Kindness

The world can be cruel. Everyone is fighting their own battles, including yourself. If you have a bad day then there is 100% chance someone is too. Spread kindness and love towards others. Make someone's day by buying a coffee, or send a smile. You'll feel the light within yourself and so will others.