Here's a little article for anyone who has ever been in an a cappella group! We know that "Pitch Perfect" is a scam and we know that we have what it takes to be on "The Sing-Off!" If you were in an a cappella group, you know these 11 things all too well!
1. You have a love/hate relationship with "Pitch Perfect."
Yes, it's like the greatest thing that has happened to a cappella since Pentatonix, but it's also ridiculously unrealistic!2. If you’re a middle part, you live for singing that one note in the weird jazzy chord.
There is nothing more satisfying than nailing that chord.
3. You try really hard to dance even though you know you suck at it.
You wish that you could do all the cool flips, but you actually just look like you tripped over your own feet.
4. You’ve been accidentally spit on by your vocal percussionist.
And it felt just like this, but you smiled anyway because it was during a performance.
5. You’re pretentious enough to call your beat box a “vocal percussionist.”
Those people deserve respect...and a really snobbish title!
6. You secretly wish that you and your group could just make up perfect arrangements of songs on the spot.
How did they do that in "Pitch Perfect?!" (Hint: they didn't.)
7. Your group went (or tried to go) to a Pentatonix concert.
And it was beautiful. And you may or may not have cried.
8. Your favorite gigs were the ones that gave you free food.
Thank god for crappy pizza and individually wrapped cookies that you can smuggle into your bag!
9. You walk around campus humming your harmony to pop songs.
Even if it's not the melody, this song is so dang catchy!
10. You still listen to college a cappella groups (and you still maintain that yours is the best!).
Sure you cried when you first heard this rendition of "Chandelier" but, yeah, your group is totally better!
11. You couldn’t imagine singing with anyone else!
I don't know what I'd do with three extra hours in the week! I'd miss these goons to much! (And now for a shameless plug of the group I'm in! Check us out!!)