We're all probably familiar with the band Bastille by now - composers of the chart-toppers Pompeii, Of The Night,Good Grief, etc. - but we may not all be familiar with the fact that lead singer Dan Smith is completely obsessed with all things David Lynch. There are always those kids who are more obsessed than is healthy with Twin Peaks and Eraserhead (I might be one of them) but here's a real life guy who's raking in the cash from his chart-topping hits... and using it to buy tons of super nerdy t-shirts.
So, without further ado, ten times Dan Smith of Bastille was utter #LynchTrash.
1. The time he sported a neat graphic Twin Peaks tee in a moody, black-and-white hallway.
2. When he wore an good/evil Leland shirt while meeting fans.
Mairzy doats and dozy doats and little lamzy divey.
3. The time he looked like he'd just gotten out of bed and pulled on a Twin Peaks High School sweatshirt.
Maybe a giant came to him in his dreams?
4. When he wore his favorite Eraserhead t-shirt in concert.
I think he lives in this shirt.
5. The time he represented the Black Lodge at the iHeartRadio music festival.
The concert was both wonderful and strange.
6. When he answered the ultimate question.
Who Killed Laura Palmer? Guess it was Dan.
7. The time he showed the world his appreciation for the Bookhouse Boys.
You're so obscure, Dan.
8. When he partied hard with his trusty David Lynch shirt on.
9. The time he rocked his Lost Highway shirt during a break.
He also wore it to film the band performing Flaws at Abbey Road Studios.
10. The time he met the real, actual David Lynch.
I think they go to the same hairdresser. Also, look how excited Dan is. What a sweetheart.
Check out the video mentioned above. In addition to being a mega nerd, Dan's voice is probably what angels sound like.
Same, Audrey. Same.