10 Things To Send In A College Care Package

Care packages are essential to survive while away at school!
307

As a college student, even though you are having the time of your life, you can still get a little homesick. You will miss your family, friends and, most importantly, your pets. The best remedy for being homesick is a care package! Care packages remind you that the people you left behind are still thinking about you and this can really help you get through the semester successfully.

1. Food

As a college student you can never have too much food! Food is energy and energy is what every college student needs when stuck in the library late at night studying for that big exam coming up.

2. Fun toys

As a college student, it is important to have fun with your friends in addition to studying. Something as simple as a deck of cards, a board game or a Cards Against Humanity expansion pack could supply endless hours of fun and laughter for you and your friends.

3. Toiletries

Toothpaste, deodorant, pads and all those other necessities are very important and we all run out of them at some point. Receiving them in a care package can help to make sure we never run out!

4. Pictures

Please, please, please send pictures! Not only does it keep us up to date on what our families and friends are doing, but we can also use them to decorate our rooms and add to our wall of photos from home. MAKE SURE THERE ARE PICTURES OF YOUR PETS!

5. Candy

I don't even think this one needs an explanation. We all love candy.

6. Hair ties

We always lose these and never have enough when we need them!

7. Gift cards

As a college student we don't always have the funds to go shopping when we want/need to. Something as simple as a Target or Amazon gift card can really mean a lot to a poor college student.

8. Medicine

Advil, cough syrup, cough drops and other over-the-counter medicines can be one of the best things to send in a care package. There are always sicknesses going around college dorms and often times we, as students, don't have enough time or money to go get the medicine we need to get better.

9. Cute dorm decorations

These are great, especially if there is a holiday coming up! These decorations can be things like cute and silly window stickers or Christmas lights!

10. School supplies

Highlighters, pens, pencils and any other type of school supplies are great to send in a care package. As students we are always running out of or losing these college essentials. Sending these could also act as a reminder to study more, and everyone needs that reminder every now and then.

Now that you know what to send in a care package, go send one to your student to show them how much you love them!