10 Things That Happened At PC Golf Party

Tee up, Friars!

2590
alivecampus.com

Yet another one of Providence College’s infamous biennial darties has come and gone. This Friar tradition of waking up far too early on a Saturday morning to get dressed in the most obnoxiously preppy clothing and funnel mimosas at 8 a.m. is perhaps the one true sign that spring has arrived. While every Golf Party is special and memorable in its own way, each has some common themes that make it awesome. How many of these things happened to you while you were golfing?

1. You watched as your roommate forced you to funnel a beer at 7:30 a.m.

Never mind that hangover from going out the night before; your tee time is almost here!

2. You wonder why visors have made a spectacular comeback.

Nothing says spring like a tacky half-hat that your grandma usually wears.

3. You saw more selfie sticks in an hour than you’ve seen all year.

But you can't deny that those panorama shots are sick.

4. You considered going back to your room to change when you saw someone else wearing the same Lily Pulitzer dress as you.

But I thought I was so special and unique!

5. You were forced to keep your cool when the parent of an accepted student asked you how to get to Slavin.

“You just make a left … and a left … and another left …. aaaaand … shit …”

6. You didn’t keep your cool, and you drunkenly screamed “COME TO PC! GO FRIARS!” at a bunch of high school seniors.

I mean, this is what PC is really all about, right? Better image than any campus tour can give.

7. You made a scene at Ray and made every employee there regret their decision to work a weekend shift.

Come on, guys. Fran doesn't need to see you in this state.

8. Your Instagram blows up with a dozen group shots that all look the same.

OMG, guys! Let's all get in a line and take a picture!

9. You saw this emoji about 1,000 times.

Literally the only time this emoji is ever relevant.

10. You hastily dropped your to-go mug full of vodka and snuck back to campus when you saw a police officer coming to shut the party down.

... or you could take a picture by the cop car. That's smart too.

Be proud of this fine tradition of debauchery, day drinking and preppy clothing, Friars! We're the envy of party schools all over (well, maybe just New England). Start prepping yourself for next September when we can do it all over again!