10 Things to Add to Your Nashville Bucket List

265

Would you like to say you have truly experienced Nashville? If your answer is yes, then here is a bucket list of ten things just waiting to be crossed off:

1. The Pharmacy 

The Pharmacy is a hole in the wall burger joint located on the out skirts of the city. The restaurant received best burger in Nashville two years in a row! 

2. The Bluebird Cafe
The Bluebird Cafe is a listening venue where you can check out some up and coming talent. It is recognized world wide for its songwriter performance space. The setting is very quaint with an acoustic vibe. It is a great opportunity to go and listen to the “heroes behind the hits.” 

3. Grand Ole Opry 
They call it Music City for a reason folks. There are tons of music venues just waiting to be stormed, and probably the most famous of all is the Grand Ole Opry. At the Opry, you will experience a wide historical range of country music that is meant to entertain all ages.

4. Wildhorse Saloon
Interested in learning a couple of line dances? Then, you have come to the right place. The Wildhorse Saloon got its name from Reba McEntire who herded a stampede of real life cattle through the streets of downtown Nashville, ending just in front of the building! The Saloon is open to all ages during the day (offering food and music), and at night it transforms into an eighteen plus venue.

5. Predators Hockey Game
If you are a hockey fan, or even if you have a chance of becoming a hockey fan, you have to attend a Nashville Predators game. 

6. Country Music Hall of Fame
The Country Music Hall of Fame is a museum located in the heart of downtown Nashville. It has exhibits and collections that display some of country music’s greatest musician memorabilia. 

7. Jeni’s Ice Cream
This is no ordinary ice cream. Jeni’s prides themselves on “not cutting corners or taking shortcuts” when it comes to their product, which is hand crafted on a regular basis. Plus, it’s ice cream; who could turn it down?

8. Live on the Green 
Live on the Green is a music festival that takes place around August/September every Thursday for six weeks. It features new bands, as well as some well-known groups. It is also completely FREE making it a prime destination for us college students. 

9. Ice-skating at Centennial Sportsplex 
This is a great activity to tackle with some of your friends on a weekend. It’s a good way to take a moment and de-stress from our usual hectic lives. 

10. Ryman Auditorium
Last, but certainly not least, we have the Ryman Auditorium. The Ryman is a music venue that does not have a bad seat in the house. It features a wide variety of music (everything from ZZ Top to the Zac Brown Band), so those of you who are not fans of country music, there are still performers for you. 

I promise you will not be disappointed by anything on this list, so start now, and earn the right to say you have truly experienced Music City.