10 Songs To Listen To By Black Veil Brides

Black Veil Brides is alive.

832
Breakaway Daily

Black Veil Brides is a band from Cincinnati, Ohio. Their music has been put under multiple genres of Rock music. These genres include melodic metalcore, post-hardcore, emo, scream, gothic metal, gothic rock, shock rock, glam metal, heavy metal, metalcore, and “goth-glam metal”. Most of these words probably don’t make any sense but it’s specific genres within the rock genre. The band originally started in 2006 until the lead singer Andy Biersack moved to Los Angeles, California in September of 2009. He reformed the band using the name Black Veil Brides. He originally started the band with just drummer Sandra Alva and Chris Hollywood. After that, Jinxx, Ashley Purdy, and Jake Pitts joined. And then “CC” or Christian Coma came in and took over the role of drummer as Sandra Alva went off and did her own thing with her musical career. I will talk about my top ten favorite songs and what they mean to me and I will try to give a little background into the songs.

1. "Knives and Pens".
    What makes Knives and Pens special is the fact that in the music video, they do the whole thing with only three members. Andy, Chris, and Sandra. And for the longest time, that’s all that there was in the band until Ashley and Jinxx joined the band. This song is about fording your own destiny with the way you act.
  2. "Perfect Weapon".
    This song is about being who you are and using that to your own advantage.
  3. "Sweet Blasphemy".
    This song is about doing what you want even if it goes against your religion.
  4. "New Religion".
    To me, this is about making your own path and living by your own rules and being who you want to be.
  5. "Fallen Angels".
    This is about the fact that we all have fallen from grace at some point. Sometimes some of us fall worse than others do.
  6. "Saviour".
    To me, this is about reaching out to get help. This is about seeking the help you need even if it will upset some people.
  7. "I Am Bulletproof".
    To me, this is about not letting what people have to say about you and you not letting it get to you and upset you.
  8. "In The End".
    This is about living your life to the fullest and being happy with it in the end. Other people may take this differently.
  9. "Goodbye Agony".
    To me, this is about letting go of something that is hurting you and not letting it bother you anymore. Sometimes it does less harm to you to just let go then to keep holding on.
  10. "Drag Me To The Grave".
    This is about putting up a major fight up until the end. It basically means that you are not going to go down without putting up a fight. That is what this song means to me.

These are my top 10 favorite Black Veil Brides songs. And as more albums get made, I will get more favorite songs and this list will expand more.