10 Signs You Are A Picky Eater

10 Signs You Are A Picky Eater

A daily battle between me and food.

6
10 Signs You Are A Picky Eater
Buzzfeed

Picture this: You are at a restaurant with all of your friends and the waitress comes back to the table to take everyone's order. Your friends are ordering all of these fancy foods that you have not heard of, such as braised pork loin or filet mignon. The waitress gets to you and you simply ask:

"Can I have a grilled cheese and a water?"

The table goes silent, forks drop and you hear nothing but the internal judgement from everyone around you.

Ten signs you are a picky eater:

1. You are petrified of new foods.

Themed restaurants scare you and foreign menus are what your nightmares are made of.

2. You judge food by the way it looks.

A picture is worth 1000 words. A plate of gross food is worth four: "I'm not eating that."

3. You need the "food-proval."

You are always asking your friends and waitress a copious amount of questions before placing your order to make sure everything will come out edible.

4. No substitutions is your personal hell.

You can not fathom losing control over what sides you eat.

5. You have a "go-to" meal.

Everywhere you go, you order the same meal, with the same drink and the same sides. Deviating from the plan is not something you do. There is no second option. Plan-B equals: "Plan to be hungry because you're not eating."

6. You start with small bites

Even when you order that "go-to" meal, you take baby bites to make sure that your order is exactly as asked for.

7. You resort to unholy amounts of dressing.

When you come face-to-face with a food that you have no other choice but to eat, you smother it with your favorite dressing to give the illusion that the food is not even there.

8. Certain textures make you cringe.

Bumpy. Crusty. Crispy. Creamy. Smooth. Moist.

9. You're scared of dinner parties.

Going over someone's house for dinner is a daunting task.

10. The battle of food preference.

The rare situation when you find someone who is MORE of a picky eater than you are, you obtain a sense of victory and feel like a champion.