10 Reasons Christmas Is The Best Time Of Year

There's nothing more magical than when Christmas is in the air.

9
Rose Breen

Ahhh Christmas time. The most wonderful time of the year.

You can smell the cookies baking in the kitchen and the sweet pine accent coming from the tree. The snow falls lightly outside, slowly blanketing the ground. You are curled up on the couch, cup of hot cocoa in your hands and your favorite holiday movie on TV. The whole family gathers together to celebrate. People are genuinely happier, and offer you a "Merry Christmas" as you pass in the grocery store, carts loaded with the necessities for a perfect Christmas Eve dinner. This is the best time of the year, and here's why.

1. The Tree

Nothing beats finding and decorating the perfect tree. The bigger the better!

2. Christmas Cookies

The perfect snack no matter what time of day. With so many different kinds, there's (at least) one for everyone.

3. The Music

Whether it's Mariah Carey, Straight No Chaser, or Manheim Steamroller, nobody can say that they don't like any type of Christmas music.

4. Movies

There's nothing better than watching a Christmas movie cuddled up on the couch. Even if you watched the same movie five times already this year, it will never get old.

5. Family

The irreplaceable chatter of a family on Christmas Eve, or the next day, is something that is missed the other 363 days of the year.

6. Snow

What is Christmas without snow?? Not as good, that's for sure!

7. Hot Cocoa

The only time it's acceptable to call hot chocolate hot cocoa, and drink it every day, is during the month leading up to Christmas.

8. Lights

Driving through the neighborhood or heading to a light show is one of the best ways to experience the beauty that is Christmas.

9. Presents

I'm not talking about getting presents, I'm talking about giving them. There's no better feeling than watching someone open a gift you got for them, and knowing you have made them smile

10. The Food

I love Thanksgiving, but there's something about the food on Christmas that makes it that much more special. No matter what you eat, having the family gathered sharing a meal with all of these things in the backdrop is better than words can describe.

No matter what, Christmas is a special time of the year. A time for families to come together and smile with each other. A time to give and receive love from those around us. A time for us to eat too many cookies, drink too much hot cocoa, watch too many movies, and use too much electricity to keep the lights on just a little longer.