10 Reasons Why Brunch Is Everyone's Favorite Weekend Activity

Mimosas, pancakes and gossip! Oh my!

623

Ahhhh, brunch; the staple of weekend meals, the perfect balance of lunch and breakfast, and ultimately the best meal you will ever eat. There are so many reasons why brunch is the absolute best, and honestly, that list could go on and on and on and on.... After taking the liberty of shortening the list, here are my top ten reasons why brunch really, truly is the best.

1. It's two meals in one.

What's not to love? You get a helping of breakfast AND you get to have lunch. The more food, the merrier.

2. There's waffles, pancakes, french toast, bacon, etc...

When highlighting the fact that brunch is both breakfast AND lunch, it's important to recognize all of the beautiful breakfast foods you get to consume. Thinking about this list already has my own mouth watering and that's not even to mention half of the available food. Food like crepes, hash browns, fruit bowls, croissants, muffins, donuts....

3. You get to reunite with all of your pals.

Let's face it: you and your best pals all lead busy and exciting lives. There's no better time than a Saturday or Sunday afternoon to carve out a space for some much needed squad time. It's the perfect opportunity to be reminded that no matter how crazy life gets, brunch is a driving force in getting you and your friends back together. Thanks, brunch.

4. It's the perfect time to catch up on the latest gossip.

Who's dating who? Who went home with whom last night? Where did Bella get that fabulous jacket? Are there any social justice protests coming up? Ya know, typical and necessary brunch conversation.

5. It's the perfect insta-worthy opportunity.

What's more trendy than going out to brunch? Nothing. Not only do you have a beautifully set plate of food, but you have a table full of friends and laughter. The amount of posed or candid pictures that could be taken are literally endless.

6. You get to post a tasteful "morning after" Snap.

Maybe you had a wild night out, or maybe you had a wild night in with a bottle of wine and some Netflix movies. Regardless, you get to post a classy-as-heck snap of your tasteful brunch plans for all of your fans to see.

7. You can wear whatever you want.

This is definitely one of the biggest advantages to brunch. Everyone is aware that it is a weekend and that it may be somewhat early for the average millennial. Because of this, your wardrobe options are endless. If you want to look chic, go for it! If you just rolled out of bed and want to go in your sweats, you do you! Brunch will love you either way. Brunch doesn't judge.

8. You don't have to wake up early for breakfast.

It's probably the biggest blessing ever that brunch isn't served until 10 or 11 am. Let's be real, no one wants to wake up early in the morning on the weekend to justify eating all of the breakfast foods. Brunch gives you the perfect reason to sleep in a little and eat your (pan)cake too.

9. It's the perfect pre-nap meal.

It's almost like a pre-workout, but basically the exact opposite. The timing and size of the average brunch meal plays perfectly into fueling your body for the perfect mid-day nap. Thanks to brunch, you'll have the best sleep ever. It's totally just like a workout.

10. Bottomless mimosas.

Need I say more? For the low price of around $10 you have the availability to drink as many mimosas as your little heart desires. There truly is nothing better than that. Day drinking with all of your friends over pancakes and social activism or gossip? Yes please!

So if you weren't sold before, I bet you are now. It's painfully obviously that brunch most definitely is the best meal ever. Happy brunching!