10 Must-Watch Pre-2010 Movies

10 Must-Watch Pre-2010 Movies

In case you missed them

45
10 Must-Watch Pre-2010 Movies
20th Century Fox

When Harry Met Sally (1989)

The ultimate romantic comedy.

Little Miss Sunshine (2006)

Both quirky and moving, this beautifully directed movie about a young girl and her family heading cross-country in their van for her beauty pageant is a great feel-good flick.

The Virgin Suicides (1999)

Filmmaker Sofia Coppola pays astounding attention to detail, making this mysterious story about five teenage sisters who commit suicide all the more haunting.

Pulp Fiction (1994)

A must-see if you haven’t yet. This gory and dramatic movie follows the interwoven lives of multiple characters. Quentin Tarantino at his best.

500 Days of Summer (2009)

The ultimate anti-romantic-comedy. From the start, the audience is told that the main characters’ relationship is doomed, but the nonlinear format only compels you to keep watching its demise.

American Beauty (1999)

Kevin Spacey’s performance as unhappy suburban dad Lester Burnham is equally as convincing as Frank Underwood in “House of Cards.” Relatable and at time psychedelic, this movie will definitely make you think.

Lost in Translation (2003)

Again, Sofia Coppola’s filmmaking is breathtaking. The ambiguous relationship between the two American protagonists living and working in Tokyo creates an ongoing dichotomy of both intense closeness and alienation.

Almost Famous (2000)

A charming and intriguing look into life on the road with a 1970’s rock band. The music and art direction are an added bonus.

Magnolia (1999)

Another multi-protagonist film with interwoven narratives that focuses on the feeling of loneliness.

Juno (2007)

Ellen Page is brilliant as the lax, loudmouthed teenager who finds herself pregnant and decides to put the baby up for adoption. An imperfect and touching film throughout.