10 Motivational Song Lyrics To Get You Through Any Rough Day

Songs to get you inspired and uplifted.

566
Unsplash

If you were to ever meet me, you'll most likely see me wearing my earphones.

I'm usually listening to music when I'm going around campus just to avoid social interaction because it can be quite annoying sometimes.

However, this time I decided to share some of my favorite lyrics from some of the songs on my playlist. Most of these quotes contain some kind of message that hits me on a spiritual level.

Some of these quotes have come to stay with me because I've come to like them, or because there's a personal relationship tied with this quote. But without further ado, here we go.

1. "But I was late for this, late for that, late for the love of my life/ And when I die alone, when I die alone, when I die alone I'll be on time." -"Cleopatra", The Lumineers

If anything, I find this quote kind of cynical and selfish. Most of the time, we're late when it involves other people. However, when it is something that involves our self, we are always there first. And when we expect for others to be then when we aren't there, we're going to end up alone at a certain point in our lives.

2. "Don't you tell me what you think that I can be/ I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea." "Believer", Imagine Dragons.

I would consider Dan Reynolds to be the father of motivation quotes. Believer is a clear example of this. However, this line of the song struck me the most: we are who we decide what we do; we are the masters of our accomplishments and consequences. Nobody should define how we tread the waters in our life.

3. "It's my house/ I think it's time to get out/ It's my soul/ It isn't yours anymore." -"House", PVRIS

Sometimes we get too attached to people, that they build a home in ourselves. And they thing they own us. Lynn here says how she owns herself; this other person doesn't. And by thus coming to this realization, it's time to kick that person out of her life.

4. "Fight it, take the pain, ignite it/ Tie a noose around your mind/ Loose enough to breathe fine and tie it/To a tree tell it, you belong to me, this ain't a noose/ This is a leash and I have new for you/ You must obey me." -"Holding Onto You", twenty one pilots

We've all thought about trying to find an escape to our miserable life somehow, at least once. This quote just shows how much power we can have at a moment of weakness. Pain chiseled into strength can be the best form of fuel a human can create. IF we use tat strength to fight those thoughts, we become its master, not their subordinate.

5. "I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name." -"COPYCAT", Billie Eilish

A lot of people know who we are. Because of that, they think they are entitled to be telling us what to do. Like some fools say, You know my name, not my story. I think this quote sort of ties in with that saying.

As empowering as it is, this quote defines individuality with one's self.

6. "Oh, our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this/ We've got differences and impulses and your obsession with/ The little things, you like stick, I like aerosol/ Don't give a fuck, I'm not giving up/ I still want it all." -"FOOLS", Troye Sivan

There's people who we meet that we come to have a lot of love for. However, sometimes you don't entirely combine well with this person. Yet, we try to find a way to come together with them, no matter what. We want it all, and we fight for it, no matter how hard.

7. "And I want to come home to you/ But home is just a room full of my safest sounds/ Cause you know that I can't trust myself with my 3 AM shadow/ I'd rather fuel a fantasy than deal with this alone." -"TALK ME DOWN", Troye Sivan

Home is a subjective term. Even if we are in a place where we grew at for the entirety of our lives, it comes to feel like a foreign place at a certain time. Home is anywhere where we can feel safe, but sometimes not even home can save us from those monsters we try to hide from. We look for comfort in other people. And, even yet, sometimes we just prefer to deal with lies and fantasies rather than reality.It doesn't matter how sad it might be, but it is the crude truth.

8. "Winter in your soul/ You've got no love in your bones/ Trying to find some heart from you/ It's like draining blood from stone."
-"Winter", PVRIS

That person whom we think to be the one starts to grow cold toward us at one point in the relationship. Desperately, we try to look for that loved that was taken away from us without notice. We try, until we reach a point where we realize that this person is like a rock, hard and dry. We realized how hard this is, like if all the love had been taken away from them.

9. "I'm a wanderess, I'm a one night stand/ Don't belong to no city, don't belong to no men/ I'm the violence in the pouring rain/ I'm a hurricane." -"Hurricane", Halsey

We belong to nobody. We are the masters of our body and our actions and future. We decide who we want to be. We decide when to stay and when to leave. We are that tempest that rages on, making people fall for us. And it is up to us how we decide to act after that.

10. "Hey look up/ You don't have to be a ghost/ Here amongst the living/ You are flesh and blood/ And you deserve to be loved/ And you deserve what you are given." -"Third Eye", Florence + the Machine

There's hope in here. That's the only thing I can say. All happens for a reason. Perhaps whatever you are going through is just the beginning of the best. No matter how shitty, you deserve it all in the end. You are a human, and you deserve so many good things.

Now, if some of these quotes touched a part of you, I'm happy. Most of these have a huge significance in my life. I feel like if I were to explain why this article would go on for ages. But I hope most of them are pretty self-explanatory, and that some stay with you.

And if you've heard some of these songs, we should totally become best friends!!