10 Memorable Moments From 'Game Of Thrones,' Season One

I know, I am so far behind.

19

"Game of Thrones" was always an inevitable watch for me. It's right up my alley in terms of genre and all around bad-assery. I finally got around to committing to the series, so naturally, I finished the first season in three days. Here are what I have deemed to be the top five most memorable moments from the first season. Spoilers ahead, but unless you've had your head in the sand for five years, I'm sure you know what's up.

5. Bran and His Direwolf

The tiniest Stark child is down for the count after being pushed out of a window by Jaimie Lannister when a knife wielding assassin comes to finish the job. Instead, Bran's incredibly loyal dire wolf (read: big dog) tears out his throat in a show of loyalty.

4. Jon Snow and the Night Watch

Or, anything Jon Snow has done in the show thus far. The scene where he burns the White Walker and saves his commander was especially riveting. I don't know, I just think I'm going to like him even more.

3. Viserys' Golden Crown

Viserys Targaryen was not the world's best big brother, but when he decided to threaten his sister Daenerys and her unborn child, he took it a step too far. After screaming at her and insulting her husband, Khal Drogo of the Dothraki, and their very people, he was pretty much done for. In short, Drogo gave him the golden crown he has been lusting after in one of the most creatively brutal scenes of the show.

2. Ned Stark and His Untimely Demise

After being caught in a sentence of treason by the tricky Lannisters, the patriarch of the Stark family is sentenced to an unwarranted death by the nasty King Joffrey. It was shocking in that it's the first show I can think of to kill off one of its main characters in the first season without warning. Also, really just reaffirms of much of a brat Joffrey really is.

1. Daenerys emerging from the fire with her dragons.

Come on. Easily one of the coolest scenes I have ever seen. She climbed into her husband's funeral pyre with three dragon eggs, thought to be long fossilized, and stood up unscathed with hatchlings. Incredible.

Sorry about this, I am very behind and have a lot of thoughts.