10 Things I've Learned From Grey's Anatomy

Warning! Some spoilers!

23
ABC

Grey's Anatomy is about to air the premier of it's thirteenth season on ABC. That is some kind of accomplishment, and with that many seasons, there are many lessons to pull from the series.

1. Dance it out

Whenever you get into a fight or have a problem, dance it out. Let loose. The real moral is to forgive, forget and move one. Letting go is the secret to living a happy life.

2. Bad things happen

Bad things happen to everyone, but always remember there is good in life. Every doctor on the show has gone through terrible things, but they continue to live and live as happy as possible.

3. It takes a village

Everything that happens, the doctors are always there for each other. Every funeral, event, wedding, etc.; they are always there. They take care of each others' children whenever it's needed. Don't be afraid to ask for help and have that support system.

4. Live life to the fullest

There are patients that die in every episode of all ages. We never know when the end is, so live life while you can. Life is a gift. Unwrap it and and use all of the life you get.

5. When you love someone, tell them

Now we all know of a certain episode at the end of season 8 that left us in tears. Mark and Lexie wasted years apart because they were afraid. Lexie wasn't ready to be a grandmother and Mark didn't want to break up her and Jackson. They died in love and not together.

6. You can't help who your family is

But they are your family. It's okay to dislike your family and make a new family with friends, but again, they're still your family. Love them and help them when they need it because they're what you have.

7. Have a person

Have someone to lean on. Life is hard to get through on your own. Have at least one person to lean on, to talk to. Have that one person to share your whole life with.

8. We all make mistakes

All of the doctors on the show have killed somebody, most have cheated and some are in recovery from alcohol or pills. They're all living happily though they made those mistakes. Everyone in the show has messed up, you just have to move on.

9. You can escape bad circumstances

Izzy escaped her trailer park, Amelia and Derek escaped a father killed in front of them, Alex escaped his schizophrenic mom and Jo escaped homelessness. They wanted something so they went out and got it anyway they could. Don't let poor circumstances affect your life.

10. Be confident in yourself

Every doctor on the show is great and confident in themselves. Those who aren't fall through the cracks. Be confident in your looks, abilities, and all else. Be extraordinary. You are extraordinary.

Here's to more lessons in season 13!