10 End-Of-Summer Stages For College Kids

The start of school is a little too close and not soon enough at the same time

12

It seems like only last week was the first week of summer. Now, we are dangerously close to school starting again. There is a flood of mixed emotions that comes in waves. Here are 10 end-of-summer stages as we get ready to head back to school.

1. Excitement to be back on campus and see your friends.

After a summer apart, it's gonna be great to see your college friends and catch up.

2. Denial that summer is almost over.

Nope. It's not. We have 3 months left, not 3 weeks. The summer has flown by, but I guess time flies when you're having fun.

3. Panic that classes are gonna start soon, which means your stress level drastically increases.

I'm not ready for homework, quizzes, tests, and papers. Before we know it, it will all be piled on and we will either be laughing or crying at all that we have to get done in a short period of time.

4. Realizing that you are gonna miss your family at home.

You're gonna miss your family, your bed, your laundry room, your family's cooking, and just being at home. Dorm beds, bathrooms, and kitchens aren't the same as at home. Or as clean.

5. The realization that you have to eat school food once again.

OK, it's not all bad, but it does get old fast. School food is good for a few weeks, but then you realize that they serve the same thing over and over and you're tired of eating fast food.

6. Pondering if you really need a college degree after all.

Is it really worth it to be this stressed out and tired? Hopefully you'll come to the conclusion that it is worth it earn a degree and be able to do something you love for the rest of your life. It may take a while and a few tears, but hopefully you'll get there.

7. Wondering why you're spending so much money to be stressed out so much.

You just keep telling yourself that it's all gonna be worth it in the end. All of this hard work will pay off.

8. Realizing that you have to buy textbooks soon.

Seriously, why are they so expensive? And why do we have to have so many of them? Half of the time, we don't even use them.

9. Realizing that you have to pack your stuff soon.

Packing done right. But seriously, packing is time consuming and is one of those things that you dread doing, but once you start it isn't that bad.

10. Coming to the conclusion that it's all worth it and you will have loads of fun, come fall.

Summer is almost over and you've never been so excited about it. Remember not to stress so much about school and to have fun at college. Here's to the memories that will be made!