10 Broadway Songs to Add to Your Work Out Playlist

“And you can try to stop my dancing feet, but I just cannot stand still!”

61
danceinforma.com

Is your work out playlist boring you? Do you need something to change it up, but do not know what? Like work outs themselves, your playlist can bore you, too. Well, Broadway is here to help. Many musicals have up-beat, cool, and totally-not-boring songs that are perfect for any work out; people just don’t think about it that way. So here are some songs from favorite Broadway musicals to spice up your exercise playlist.

1. “The Phantom of the Opera” from ‘The Phantom of the Opera’

“Sing, my angel of music…He’s there, the Phantom of the Opera.”

2. “Bend and Snap” from ‘Legally Blonde’

“No wait before you walk away, Just…bend and snap!”

3. “Brotherhood of Man” from ‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying’

“Oh, aren’t you proud to be in that fraternity?”

4. “Ladies Choice” from ‘Hairspray!’

“Hey little girl with the cash to burn; Well, I'm selling something you won't return!”

5. “Footloose/On Any Sunday” from ‘Footloose’

“Been working so hard, I'm punching my card, Eight hours for what?, Oh, tell me what I got!”

6. “Another Day” from ‘Rent’

“Another time, another place; our temperature would climb, there’d be a long embrace.”

7. “My Shot” from ‘Hamilton’

“Hey yo! I’m just like my country, I’m young, scrappy, and hungry, and I’m not throwin’ away my shot!”

8. “One Short Day” from ‘Wicked’

“One short day in the Emerald City, One short day to have a lifetime of fun!”

9. “Gee, Officer Krupke” from ‘West Side Story’

“Our mothers all are junkies, Our fathers all are drunks! Golly Moses, natcherly we're punks!

10. “You Can’t Stop the Beat” from ‘Hairspray!’

“’Cause the world keeps spinnin’ round and round, and my heart’s keepin’ time to the speed of sound!”