Best Makeup From 2018

The Top 10 Best Makeup Products Of 2018

For all my makeup loving people out there, here's what you should spend your Christmas money on.

120
https://www.pexels.com/photo/black-make-up-palette-and-brush-set-208052/

For everyone who keeps up with news regarding any and all things beauty, you'll know this year was a whirlwind for the beauty community. There was drama, there were collaborations, and of course, there were so, SO many amazing products put out.

I've compiled a list of the top 10 best makeup products that came out in 2018. This list comes from the best reviewed, the most talked about and praised, and my own personal favorites that I've gotten this year.

1. Thirsty Palette- Jeffree Star Cosmetics 

https://twitter.com/babycinnah

In August of 2018, Jeffree Star, the famous Youtuber, released his Summer collection for 2018.It was called te Thirsty Collection, and at the forefront of all of this was the Thirsty eye-shadow palette. The bold and vibrant colors were perfect for advanced MUA's and the blinding shimmer shades were perfect for beginners to test out. Overall, the whole collection was raved about. However, the eye-shadows were above and beyond any that Jeffree Star Cosmetics has put out and it deserves to still be raved about. You can buy the Thirsty eye-shadow palette here for $48.

2. Gloss Bomb- Fenty Beauty

https://www.amazon.com/FENTY-BEAUTY-RIHANNA-Universal-Luminizer/dp/B075J7NL9F

In September 2017, Rihanna's makeup line Fenty Beauty launched, after much anticipation. Her products have been known to be inclusive to all skin tones, mostly her foundation and highlighters. One of my favorite products of hers is her Gloss Bomb. This is a lip gloss that has such a high pigmentation that you barely need a lot in order to make your lips perfect. However, this year, she released 2 new shades to her line of lip glosses. The first one (pictured) is called Diamond milk, which is desribed as "shimmering pearl". The second shade is called "Fu$$y" and it is described as a "shimmering dusty pink". The lip gloss is so beautiful and you get so much product for such a small price. You can buy the Gloss Bomb here for $18.

3. No Filter Foundation- Colourpop

https://www.temptalia.com/sponsored-colourpop-no-filter-foundation-swatches/

In July 2018, Colourpop launched it's No Filter Face collection which consisted of different foundations, powers, and even a concealer (that has also been raved about). The company has been known for it's highlighters and eye-shadows in the past, so when the collection launched, there was a lot of skepticism. The foundation was only $12, which is a very low price for a foundation. However, after trying the product, people realized fast this foundation was it. It was full coverage, long lasting, and it even included 42 shades, which is amazing for a company to do in order to include every skin tone. The company has been known for many things in the past, but I think it will add its foundation to its list of things to be remembered by. You can buy the foundation here for $12.

4. James Charles x Morphe Palette- Morphe

https://www.ulta.com/james-charles-palette?productId=pimprod2001848

This is probably the most sought after palette of 2018. James Charles, one of the most popular beauty influencers, has teased putting out makeup for a long time, but this palette definitely outsold itself. Anyone at any experience level will love this palette and will be able to use it. So many people wanted to get this palette because of the many unique shades and the size of the palette. The palette has been sold out for a very long time, but Charles has said that it will continue to come out. You can go to the Morphe website here to see when the palette will restock.

5. Continuous Setting Spray- Morphe

https://shopee.sg/Morphe-Brushes-Continuous-Setting-Mist-i.3923092.1009780769

The Morphe Continuous Setting Mist is a setting spray that you put on after your makeup is finished. Most setting sprays leave your skin with large droplets that you need to rub in, which is pretty annoying for most people. However, this one is different because it is a very fine mist that doesn't leave huge droplets on your face. the spray came out this year and has been sought after by every makeup lover. You can buy it here for $15.

6. Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow- Stila

https://www.christianedowling.com/2017/03/14/what-to-love-about-stila/stila-magnificent-metals-glitter-glow-liquid-eye-shadow-swatches/

The Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow came out in 2018 and has changed the way people do their eye makeup. This eyeshadow comes in a compact that you can easily apply to your eyelid to create the perfect eye look in literally seconds. I know when I use this product before I go out it stays on for a really long amount of time and it literally only takes me a minute to do my eye makeup. It also looks like you took a long time to do this makeup and that's a really good thing for a product to produce. You can buy the Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow here for $24.

7. Amrezy Highlighter- Anastasia Beverly Hills

http://beautyswatched.com/anastasia-beverly-hills-amrezy-highlighter-light-brilliant-gold/

The Amrezy highlighter is another product where a popular brand collaborates with a beauty influencer. Amrezy is an Instagram makeup artist who has almost 5 million followers. Anastasia Beverley Hills and Amrezy collaborated to make a gold highlighter that has taken over the beauty community. The highlighter is very blinding and looks really pretty on the face. You don't only have to use this as a highlighter, but you could also use it as an eyeshadow if you wanted to. You can buy the Amrezy highlighter here for $28.

8. BADGal BANG! Mascara- Benefit Cosmetics

http://www.bamblingsofnaffy.com/buy-or-bye-benefit-bad-gal-bang-mascara-review/

The BADGal BANG! mascara is a mascara that has a very unique wand that many people have used in the beauty community. It not only volumizes your lashes, but also separates them and doesn't clump lashes together, which is a pretty hard thing for a mascara to achieve. It doesn't flake off and stays on all day without smudging. The mascara is also a very cheap price for the amount of product your getting. You can buy the mascara here for $25.

9. MegaGlo Highlighting Powder- Wet n Wild

https://www.vampyvarnish.com/2017/07/wet-n-wild-megaglo-highlighting-powder/

The Megaglo Highlighting Powder is from a makeup company called Wet n Wild, which is known for their very cheap products that aren't all that great. However, this highlight is super cheap, but works just as well (maybe even better) than the more expensive highlighters. There are 6 shades that will work for any skin tone and for any type of makeup look. Just like the other highlighter, you don't have to just use it as a highlighter. You can buy the highlighting powder here for $4.99.

10. Conceal and Define Full Coverage Concealer- Makeup Revolution

https://www.musingsofamuse.com/2018/01/conceal-define-full-coverage-conceal-contour.html

The Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer is another product from a brand that's known to be cheap an not very great. The concealer is only $7, but it is so much better than other concealers that range anywhere from $10-$30. The concealer is full coverage and there are many different shades for many different types of people, which is really important for a brand to include when putting out a concealer. You can buy the concealer here for only $7.