10 Best Documentaries On Netflix

10 Best Documentaries On Netflix

September 2016

8
10 Best Documentaries On Netflix
giveitlove.com

I felt like my moral obligation to share all of these little nuggets of gold with you. I tried my best to give an accurate description of each film, but words will never do them justice. If you are feeling conflicted about what to watch I would recommend starting with one…. or five of them. It won’t make very much difference because they are all fantastic. Enjoy!

1.Dear Zachary

(if you cannot decide, I suggest this one… hands down) The rest are in no particular order. They are all great.Get ready to cry. This is hands down the best documentary I have watched in my entire life. Although this is the most emotionally invested I have ever been in a film; I do not regret it one bit, and you won’t either.

2. Blackfish

I feel like the title is slightly misleading because this documentary is about Killer Whales and SeaWorld, but I can forgive that minor detail. Some say you can forgive but you can never forget, and what I cannot forget is how powerful this documentary is. I hugged my stuffed Shamu a little tighter after watching this one

3. Finding Home

This is about human trafficking in Cambodia. Meet some of the women, learn their stories, and find out just how deep the roots of this problem run.

4.Team Foxcatcher

Be prepared for a lot of homemade films, and an eerie tale as told by the people closest to the crime. The footage you will see wasn’t all meant for entertainment, but it does tell a very intriguing story.

5. Virunga

A true story. Civil War. Africa. Gorillas. Corruption. And some undercover footage.

6, The Price of Gold

If you enjoy drama…. I recommend this one. Real life drama. Olympians, crime, talent, greed, and infamy.

7. Cartel Land

I thought I was having a bad day… until I watched this. Watch firsthand the corruption and atrocities that drug cartels have caused within Mexico.

8. Making a Murderer

The documentary that created millions of at-home-detectives. This is actually not a “film” documentary, but a series of episodes. Be prepared. After watching the episodes I recommend searching Google for “Theories on Who Killed Teresa Halbach” But don’t search that before watching because SPOILER ALERT

9. Where was God?

This is about the survivors of an EF5 tornado in Moore, Oklahoma.

10. Salam Neighbor

Immerse yourself in the life of a Syrian refugee. You wont be disappointed.