10 Albums To Get You Through The Rest Of The Summer

Because when all else fails, turn to music.

3

As the end of the summer gets closer and closer, I find that music soothes me and brings me enjoyment more anything else. I enjoy long walks with my headphones with the sounds of my favorite songs blasting into my ears. As an avid music lover, I've changed my music listening habits and listened to whole albums from start to finish. It's created more of a love and admiration for certain artists because I can hear the differences in certain songs.

I highly recommend that you find an artist that you love and listen to any albums they have from start to finish. On that note, here are ten albums to get you through the rest of the summer with genres varying...

10. Heartthrob- Tegan and Sara

This album came out in 2013 and is perfect if you are in the mood for indie pop. The best place to play this album would be beachside or at a rooftop gathering or party. Notable songs include "Goodbye, Goodbye," "Drove Me Wild," and "Closer."

9. Talking is Hard- Walk The Moon

Another highly recommendable indie album from the year 2014. The song "Shut Up and Dance" was a Top 40 hit but the song "Work This Body" has become a favorite of mine.

8. Calvin Harris- Funk Wav Bounces Vol.1

Calvin Harris is always a summer go to and every song he releases is guaranteed to be a smash hit record. His new album, released this past June, offers a whole new batch of summer ready songs. They are the perfect songs to blast in your car speakers and take a drive to.

7. Coloring Book- Chance The Rapper

Chance is without a doubt one of the most talked about artists of the past two years and his success is hard to miss or observe. The perfect album for a beach day or a couple of hours spent in a hammock.

6. Oh My My- OneRepublic

OneRepublic always deliver smash hits and this latest record delivers that. The perfect album to blast on a long drive or the soundtrack to your next party/gathering.

5. Gone Now- Bleachers

Every Bleachers song sounds like it came out of a John Hughes' movies from the 1980s and its the perfect vibe for summertime. Take a listen to "Everybody Lost Somebody," it's my favorite.

4. Everybody- Logic

This summer I became a huge fan of Logic's and this album had 100% to do with that. This is an album for all occasions and it's definitely been the most played on my Spotify.

3. Starboy- The Weeknd

I'm definitely late on this one but I can't stop listening to this album. Every song is good. That's all I have to say.

2. Strange Desire- Bleachers

A further reiteration on the John Hughes feelings. This is my favorite album of all time and I will listen to it no matter the season.

1. American Teen- Khalid

I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO KHALID. Sorry for the screaming. This guy's voice is so good and the music just puts you in an amazing mood. I highly recommend "American Teen, "Let's Go," "Saved" and "Winter."

Happy listening!