Your "10 Year Challenge" Doesn't Define You

Some things can't be measured by pictures

11

A new trend is circulating on social media, a "10 Year Challenge." This challenge prompts you to post a photo recently and a photo from 10 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it is SO much fun to reminisce and see where you were 10 years ago.

Apple bottom jeans are no longer in style, Sophies aren't the go-to shorts anymore, and North Face and Uggs are now considered "non-trendy" (as if). 2009 has definitely bit the dust.

While a lot of these posts are glow ups, a lot is hidden from the camera. Maybe you've gained weight. Maybe you're graying. Maybe you now have bags under your eyes that look like you haven't slept in 10 years. Maybe you don't even recognize the person you were 10 years ago.

Maybe you don't look like how you want anymore. Maybe you aren't where you want to be. That's okay.

There is so much more that has happened in those 10 years that cannot possibly be measured in two photos. Those two photos don't define you. You have overcome, you have conquered, you have persevered through so much.

Your body has gotten you up and lived through approximately 3650ish+ days. That is pretty frickin' awesome. You could have graduated, gotten married, or had a kid. You could have escaped an abusive relationship or walked away from a toxic manipulator. Maybe you've picked up a new hobby or kicked an old habit. Perhaps you've even conquered a goal you once thought to be impossible.

There is so much more to you than how you look now vs 10 years ago. Some things can't possibly be contained in two photos.