To my brothers as they become young men
Siblings

To My Younger Brothers As They Grow Up

They really do grow up so fast

120
To My Younger Brothers As They Grow Up
Kayla Kinnear

I remember when my mom told me I was going to have a younger brother I cried. I was so mad. I wanted a sister. I was in second grade and third grade when they were born: I was still a little kid. It's crazy to look at the pictures of them when they were babies, of me holding them in the hospital wearing the "I'm a big sister" T-shirt. I went from having two little boys running around around the house making a mess with their toys to two "adolescents" (calling them that kills me) that want to go out with their friends all the time, play video games, and talk about girls.

You have grown so much, both physically and as people, that I still need time to adjust to it. It's hard to imagine you almost heading to high school and talking about taking a girl to the movies. That's the part that kills me inside! You two have changed so much in the past few years that it's hard for me to keep up sometimes. You both have been through a lot in your lives at such a young age, but you are strong and I know you will be okay. I will always be here for you whenever you need help even if it's something as simple as a ride to a friend's house to something as sad as a shoulder to cry on.

Boys, I just need you to know that no matter what happens, you'll always be my little brothers. Even if you're taller than me before you hit high school, if you know more about computers than I do, and if you can ride a dirt bike better than me, you're my little brothers, and to me you're the two little guys I've been watching since you were born. I'll love you forever, and even if you won't say it back to me in public, I know you love me too. You mean the world to me and even though I always wanted a sister, I'm so blessed to have you as my brothers.