Greta Thunberg Vs. The Baby Boomers
Currently

Greta Thunberg And Young Climate Activists Are Calling Out An Older Generation On The Mess They Made

One would think the generations of our parents and grandparents would think twice before sentencing their grandchildren to a slow death — no, extinction.

54

It's no secret that the future of this planet looks bleak. Millennials and Generation Z are afraid to have children, afraid that the planet is going to kill their children right before their eyes. The planet is in the hands of the youth, who are unable to do much as the older generation in power carelessly destroy their home.

Young people are doing what they do best when they are ignored and cast aside: they are getting loud, real loud.

Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old Swedish activist stopped by "The Daily Show" in New York and is leading a worldwide strike in the city against lawmakers and the like who treat climate change as a joke. Her most notable observation of America, she told Trevor Noah, was that Americans are still torn between those who believe it and those who don't. In Sweden, she said, everyone accepts it as fact.

Young people in America have run out patience while waiting for the older generations to decide if climate change is real or not, they're making demands. Following Thunberg's steps, the Sunrise Movement and university organizations are primary examples of the initiative. They are calling for the immediate implementation of the Green New Deal, and other crackdowns on emissions.

Many current members of the world governments are no longer trustworthy. Take Justin Trudeau for example. Hasan Minhaj exposed the Canadian prime minister on his show "Patriot Act." Minhaj uncovered that Trudeau was investing Canadian money in a pipeline that would only cause more pollution, stating that this would transport oil more efficiently, and in some way providing money to implement eco-friendly technology and infrastructure. Hasan called him out.

Justin Trudeau was one of the last officials on the world stage who young people thought could lead by example. Now, we can only hope that our voices are loud enough to not be ignored again.

This is why I will continue to write about climate change, why I will continue to fight for my home. I am loud and unashamed. This is our home now, not our parents'.