Yes Some People Have It Worse But Some Have It Better
Friendships

Your trials are just as important.

217

How many times have you had a bad day and thought "I'm complaining about my life when someone has it much worse."? I know I am guilty of this.

Growing up as a Type 1 Juvenile Diabetic, I never felt sorry for myself because I knew "Some one out there has it a lot worse than you do." I still actually stick to this motto when I am down on myself.

Having this mindset can really help you in the long run, except for one thing; we forget that it's ok to be human and that we can be mad about the cards we have been dealt.

Yes, some people live horrible, unfair lives, but because they do means we can't be upset because of what we are going through? No. Just because someone has it worse does not mean your struggles don't matter and they aren't worth get pissed over.

Type 1 Diabetes sucks. It doesn't always suck, most days it doesn't, but sometimes it sucks bad. BUT because I don't have something much worse, like an untreatable cancer, doesn't mean I can't get mad because someone doesn't have to give themselves a shot, or wear a pump, or EVEN DRINK AN ICEE (to be honest, I will always be salty about this).

Your trials and tribulations are yours for a reason, for you to grow stronger, or to learn a valuable lesson. NOT, for you to push them to the side because someone has it worse.

Someone somewhere is living a perfectly healthy life. They don't have financial troubles. They have a job. They aren't facing unfair circumstances. They have a perfectly running car. BUT GUESS WHAT! You can be mad and cry, because you deserve all those things just as much as they do. As humans, we have bad days, tons of them! But the best thing about life, is that tomorrow and the next day re new days and we have continuous opportunities to create better days. Those are the days we strive for. You are battling demons that will lead you to be the person that will make you a great person, and stronger. That person may have been where you are right now, they may not have always been the one to have it better.

The next time you are feeling defeated, or broke down, do not remind yourself that others have it worse, because that's not fair to you or them. I'm sure those who are battling demons, don't want people to compare their struggles to theirs. I want you to remind yourself, your current obstacles are preparing you to endure future trials to be faced. You are strong. You are capable. You are a f i g h t e r.

"We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated." Maya Angelou