7 Key Parts Of Working At A Country Club
Employment

Want to know the real ins and outs of working in a country club?

125

1. Members Get What They Want And They Are Always Right

The members can ask for anything they want and there is a 95% chance that they are going to get it because they run this place. If something is wrong with their food or drink, even if their food and drink are perfectly fine, you fix it, because they are always right.

2. Resetting For Events Is A Trip

Ok, but like, lugging the tables and chairs around the dining room is a struggle. Also, better get used to spending hours folding napkins for table settings.

3. You Learn About A Lot Of Different Alcohol

These members order so many different drinks and want some weird liquor brands, so now, I know all about the alcohol.

4. You Tell Your Life Story Over And Over Again

The members will want to know everything about you. How did you get your name? Where are you from? Do you go to school? What's your major? Do you have a boyfriend? Give them your life story and they just may be satisfied.

5. Every Day During "Season" Is A Blur

Between working and school and life, season will be the death of you. Long days of events and resetting and just a constant cycle of country club life.

6. You Create A Real Bond Between Your Coworkers

Since you spend so much time together in one place, you learn a lot about each other and become a small family. I can't tell you the amount of brotherly/sisterly bickering that happens on a day to day basis.

7. The Money Is Great!

The guaranteed 18% gratuity is a really great treat. I mean you can't go wrong with that! So even if you hate the job, which you shouldn't because it is great, the money makes it all worth it!