Why You Should See The Dear Evan Hansen Show

“When you're falling in a forest, and there's nobody around, do you ever really crash or even make a sound?" - Evan Hansen

95
BROADWAYMUSICIANS.COM

If stuck deciding on a Broadway show to see, you should definitely take the time and choose to see the "Dear Evan Hansen" show. No, this is not an endorsed article and this show does not qualify as better or worse than any other show playing in New York City as all Broadway performances are an amazing feat and respectable performances.

I simply implore you to seek out this show for its moral and social understanding on society, mental illnesses, and technology today. If you have experienced social anxiety or any type of mental illness, this show could speak levels for you.

It begins with the world of a boy's struggle to cope with being the son of a single mother who needs to find a way to manage his social and anxiety skills. The rest of the show focuses on his struggle to make friends and find companionship through tough times with the power of social media (and of course, song!).

While the show may seem like another silly teenage struggle story, it's not. The dedication of the actors and actresses speaks levels on the personalization of their characters. The main actor playing Evan, Ben Platt, even attends two physical therapy sessions and two meetings a week to stretch his voice and practice with his vocal coach.

It may not be a show that displays super exciting colorful themes or a comedic holding, the "Dear Evan Hansen" show is a show that shows what it's like to live in the life of someone with anxiety and issues socializing in high school and give a voice to those who may not think they matter in the world. The show ends with a lesson for the audience about the power of social media and the way your words can impact those who hear you.