5 Benefits Of Being A Manship Student At LSU

#GeauxManship today!

26

Joining the Manship School of Mass Communication has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Here's why you should join, too.

1. You're fully supported by the one-of-a-kind faculty.

Source

I cannot say enough good things about the professors and faculty that are involved with MC. From the moment I first walked in as a terrified freshman, I was welcomed with open arms. The teachers are incredibly wise and experienced, and their passion for the subject makes the classes so much more worthwhile. I especially want to shout out my advisor, Courtni Guidry. This woman is an angel walking on Earth, and you should be so grateful as to get the chance to meet her. This woman helps you with every single little thing you need and makes you feel special the moment you walk in her office. If nothing else, join Manship because they make you feel like family (and we are).

2. You gain real-world experiences from the moment you walk through the door.

This spring semester, Manship students had the chance to attend the SXSW conference series in Austin, Texas. One of the nights, I was lucky enough to attend the CNN Presidential Town Hall sessions.

Taylor Kellogg

The mass communication field can be a daunting one to dip your toes into. Manship makes it not-so-scary and helps you get involved with one of the four concentrations: public relations, political communication, digital advertising or journalism.

3. You actually get assigned engaging classwork.

Yeah, Manship makes sure the classes are worthwhile. The MC classes I've taken are some of my favorite ones since I've been in school. They actually prepare you for your life after college and help you find talents you never knew you had.

4. You are fully prepared to start working towards your career.

Political Communication student Sami Beekman chats with Gordon Johndroe, who served as White House deputy press secretary and as spokesman for the National Security Council (NSC).

Source

Manship is constantly holding networking events, resume workshops, leadership activities, and every other type of meeting you can think of — for the sole purpose of networking students for the industry they want to be in. They aim to make sure you're fully immersed in the world of communication, which I can really appreciate as a clueless college student.

5. You get to work with some of the best people in the world.

(From left): Taylor Kellogg, Delanie McDonald and Avery Bracken attend the SXSW conference series in Austin, Texas.

Taylor Kellogg

Some of my best friends in the entire world are other students I met through Manship. Not only are these people brilliant and driven, but they always relate to me and are ready to help me whenever I need it. Thank you, Manship, for bringing these people into my life.

P.S. This also applies to professors and faculty!!!

Thank you for everything, Manship. I don't know what I'm going to do without you once I graduate.