7 Reasons You Need A New Yorker In Your Life

New Yorker: a resident of the state of New York, but also someone who's known to be a complete a**hole.

26
gonytours.com

New Yorkers really are a different breed. Known for their rudeness and stubbornness, they appear to be pretty awful people. Turns out, some of their worst qualities actually make them some of the best people to surround yourself with. Here's why.

1. We tell it like it is.

Absolutely no sugar coating. We say what everyone else in the room is thinking- we just have the courage to say it. Some people find it humorous, some find it unsettling. Many will call it bitchy, but we excuse it as being blunt. But as any true New Yorker would say… “So what? You gotta problem with that?”

2. Our accents are atrocious.

We elongate our vowels, add R’s to words where there are none, and talk incredibly fast. Our accents are a dead giveaway as to where we’re from and often become the core of jokes. Mimic us as much as you want. We bring a great source of entertainment to the table.

3. Did I forget to mention our slang?

We can add a little bit of “hood” to your day. The Metropolitan Area basically has their own lingo. You might not ever completely get it, but maybe you’ll catch on within the words context. For example, if I walk outside and say “it’s brick”, I’m not comparing the weather to a big, red square. What I’m trying to say is, it’s cold as f***.

4. When it comes to fashion, we know best.

9/10 times we’ll advise you to get it in black because black is and always will be the new black. But on a more serious note, New Yorkers are extremely fashion forward and will give you honest advice on how those jeans really look on you. We won’t let you leave the house looking anything but your best.

5. We’re picky eaters.

From good local delis to five-star restaurants, New York has the best of the best. Meaning, we know our food damn well. Hang with us and your bound to find the best restaurants in town no matter where you are.

6. We’re impatient AF.

Bottom line: we get things done. Whether it means getting our food to the table faster or going after our dream job. We are ambitious and driven; we don’t let anything get in the way of what we want. We stand up for what we believe in and encourage others to do the same.

7. We think we know best.

But, it’s only because we do. Especially when it comes to street smarts. Growing up in a big city comes with superior sophistication. We know how to handle ourselves in, for lack of better terms, sketchy situations. So, have no fear, the New Yorker is here!