Why We Should Thank Law Enforcement Officers

We should thank all of the good ones who go out and risk their lives for us every day!

41
Bright Police Lights - Android Apps on Google Play

Just like every organization, there are good members and bad in the law enforcement community. This is not to dismiss the negative acts done by law enforcement officers. It is to simply state why we should thank all of the good ones who go out and risk their lives for us every day!

Thank you for giving up your time to keep all of us safe, even when you know the badge on your chest may put a target on your back!

Getting pulled over is never fun, but is usually for good reason. The officer who pulled you over for speeding may have saved your life from a high speed crash, as well as everyone else's lives on the road.

Getting a ticket for texting and driving, and having to appear in court may be inconvenient, but it will definitely make you think twice about doing it again. Hopefully, it will also help you realize what is more important: your life or your text messages.

The officer directing traffic in the rain at the broken light may be missing family movie night just to keep you safe. The officer who showed up first on the scene of an accident and is getting you help may have had to miss his son's championship soccer game to help you. The officer who just told you to leave the park because it is after curfew may never get to see his family again.

Officers go out every day and make sacrifices to keep civilians safe. They put their lives on the line for everyone else and ask for nothing in return but respect.

Next time you see a law enforcement officer, no matter their rank or the situation in which you are encountering them, be respectful. Realize how much they are doing to keep you and the community safe. Think of how they are out on the streets patrolling while you are safe in your bed at night. Think of their families and how worried they must be about their loved one. Most importantly, thank them for their service. They are real-life super heroes who always have your best interest in mind, whether they know you or not.

Be sure to thank your local law enforcement officers today.