Why I Love Trash Television

Why I Love Trash Television

Because it's easy...

133
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/15/6365425754501035102063259491_overlay.jpeg

Every Sunday in my house my roommates & I have “Keeping up with the Kardashians” streaming at 9 p.m. without exception. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve heard the question, “How can you watch that garbage?” That is a very fair question, because it is trash TV… but… I LOVE IT.

I really can’t tell you what it is about the Kardashians that is so intriguing, but intriguing they are. Maybe it’s because their lives are so far removed from anything that would seem normal to us mere mortals, and that makes it entertaining. The same goes for “The Real Housewives” shows.

On Monday nights, we watch “The Bachelor”, an equally ridiculous show about finding love over the course of a few weeks on a television show. How many of these couples go on and actually live happily ever after? Very few. Actually, you can count them on one hand. But it’s entertaining as hell and it’s fun to get invested in each of the contestants, and heck, when it works out, it’s great!

The thing is, no one is watching these shows because they’re trying to learn something. No one mistakes it for educational or worthwhile television. It’s entertaining. That’s literally it. After a long day of reality, it’s really nice to sit down and watch “reality” TV that couldn’t be farther from the real thing. It’s easy and enjoyable. That’s the reason.