Why I Love Grumpy Cat

Why I Love Grumpy Cat

Grumpy Cat makes me anything but grumpy

372
Why I Love Grumpy Cat

In this time of major cultural sensitivity in the US, people are careful to not say anything that could offend anyone else or sound insensitive. However, there is one being who is never afraid to say what he wants to. Grumpy Cat is 100 percent willing to speak his mind and get real with people. I feel many people find themselves riding the sympathy train and getting down in the dumps about really anything. I love Grumpy cat because he goes to the extreme of agreeing that all situations suck. Grumpy Cat has a deadpan sort of humor and the more I hear of it, the better of a person I become.

Grumpy Cat has a long history. He was born on April 4, 2012. At that time, he was merely a funny meme. That all was about to change. As the grumpy cat grew in popularity, so did the whole Grumpy Cat franchise. Grumpy Cat expanded his realm beyond just the internet. From being an internet sensation, to now being found on pillows, plush toys, calendars and even tattoos (I of course have two sets of these tattoos), Grumpy Cat seems to be unstoppable. What is the key to his success? It is very simple: Grumpy Cat has a very rude and deadpan language that people find refreshing.

Grumpy Cat says a great deal of amazing small phrases. This makes Grumpy Cat versatile for all situations.

He has phrases that are meant to intensify a bad mood such as, “Having a bad day? Good.” Phrases like that kind of lighten the mood and make your anger seem ridiculous.

Grumpy Cat has things to say to ruin happy situations such as, “new year, same frown.”

He also has things to say at any time such as, “I had fun once… it sucked.” Another thing he does is change common phrases to a negative version: “When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone,” or “stop and stomp the flowers.”

These are the things I just love. Grumpy cat always is serious and upset to the extreme which actually causes an opposite reaction of amusement.

Unfortunately, some people have lost interest in Grumpy Cat.

Some people remember him from his prime years back in 2012-14, but they have forgotten that he is still live and well. Grumpy Cat never stops being grumpy and he never runs out of bad things to say. And as far as I am concerned, he is still very funny. Let’s be real, how many other people or things do you know who are always crabby and have bad things to say?

Grumpy Cat is grumpy, and he can always change your mood for the better with his absurdity.