Why is my website slow and what can I do about it?

website

11

Here in this article we have discussed about the why your website is getting slow and how to fix it in a convenient way. So, keep connected with us till the end.

We have consulted Aleph Website to learn more about loading speed issues that websites experience. They have helped us understand where the bottlenecks in speed performance are and how to address these successfully.

Let’s take a look at the problems causing the slowdown of your website and the long loading time:

1. Web Hosting is not powerful enough or not compatible for your CMS technology

Servers that do the website hosting have desk power just like a regular PC. Depending on what Web Hosting you are using, you can have a fast web server response or a slow one.

2. Caching Problems on-site

Caching helps your website deliver content faster to users. Caching works best for frequently requested pages. When caching is not working, the site is slower.

3. Large Media Files (large DOM objects)

Loading heavy DOM objects causes an increase in the network payload. This, in turn, slows down the response rate of your website.

4. Overloading your CMS with Plugins and Themes/Templates

The lighter your CMS is, the faster the response rate will be. If you are installing lots of plugins, these slow down your website significantly.

If you found this article “Why is my website slow and what can I do about it?” informative and worth reading then please don’t hesitate to share it with your social media friends.

If you are interested in learning more about the source of these problems. Read this thorough blog post written by Aleph Website:

4 Secret Tricks to Actually fix Slow Loading Websites

Now it’s time to take a look at some of the potential solutions for these problems:

1. Use Bluehost or SiteGround for Hosting services

Using a reliable and compatible Hosting Provider is the best option. You can additionally upgrade your Hosting package and get better performance out of it.

2. Use Caching tools such as W3 total cache, or SG optimizer

There are many caching tools that get the job done from within your CMS. An alternative for these caching tools is CLOUDFLARE - it offers caching from a 3rd party server.

3. Image Compression

You can compress your media files, especially images quickly and easily. There are hundreds of free online tools that do the compression for you.

4. Uninstall Plugins you do not need

Simply remove the plugins you are not using. If that didn’t help, then you might want to contact a developer to replace your templates and themes. It is most likely going to be these themes that are time-costly on your website.