Why beto is the best candidate for 2020

I Plan To Vote For Beto Because He Actually Focuses On The Problems That Matter

Usually I am not in favor of most presidential candidates, but this time I am in favor of one because his focus is on problems that matter.

56

Beto O'Rourke is one of the few presidential candidates that had caught my interest. As I was reading an article about him and his priorities if he was to become president, he touched on a few issues he would tackle that I felt like would matter to a lot of people in the U.S, such as immigration and healthcare. He also discussed that his campaign would be about the hard truth about slavery, segregation, and suppression.

As a realist and an activist myself, I agree with everything that he is planning to do. As a nation we have to accept the fact that America was not as great as most people may portray it.

To me, America is more than just the land of opportunity. America also symbolizes a history filled with hardships for minorities as well. Although the history is what made america as it is today, many school systems and media still tries to hide the fact that discrimination and suppression still exists and the ending of slavery and segregation is more recent than what we are taught to believe.

When it comes to health care, Beto also promised that he will ensure that not only will all Americans get full health coverage, but also have access to the benefits of having health insurance without encountering high costs. I feel as if this is very crucial because many people today are not going to the doctor to check on their health, and some even go as far as not calling 911 to be transported to the hospital because they cannot afford the cost of riding in an ambulance.

When it comes to many Americans neglecting to get treated because of the cause, I find it to be very heartbreaking because this raises the risk of a person dying at an early age because of poor medical care should not happen in a country as developed as ours. It also leads to more Americans adopting bad habits such as spacing out their medications to make it until they are able to afford their next prescription, and that itself can lead to further health complications and even death.

According to Beto, he is aware of the price that would have to be paid (such as higher tax) for every American to have high quality care, but he also explains that paying for high quality healthcare for the nation is better than having many people losing loved ones from lack of medical care, and I agree wholeheartedly on his explanation.

I believe that Beto is a good presidential candidate because he is someone who wants to face the real issues that Americans face, and not just obtaining relationships with other countries. He is someone who believe in bringing all Americans together to make America more better than how it is right now.