Why Doing Little Things Can Make A Difference

Little things we do can make an impact.

354
Pacifica Patch

Our world today is full of hatred and negativity. People are constantly putting down other people for a multitude of reasons. On the news, there are many stories of tragedy, hurt and betrayal. The world we live in today is not the greatest. I often ask myself what I can do, as a person, to make this world better place. How can I make an impact on the world, when I feel like I don’t have the ability to do anything? I am just a single person and how can I make a positive impact in society. I believe that one way I can change the world is to change it one person at a time. Now I am not telling you that you need to spend every single weekend serving or completely giving up your life for service. If you are somebody that does either of these, then I think you are incredible and keep doing what you are doing. My point is to help people in whatever way possible. You never know the struggles that somebody could be facing.

People often think that the only way we can help others and make a difference is through the big things. We think that by giving large sums of money to a charitable cause, going to a completely different country, or volunteering at the animal shelter is the only way to change the world. There are little things that anybody can do to make a small impact on the world. By doing little things we are changing it person by person. We can pay it forward to others in order to make the world a better place.

Have you ever had a moment where somebody has done something for you that has absolutely made you day? Have you received a simple how are you doing text, have somebody let you know they are praying for you, somebody has bought you a coffee, or somebody had simply smiled at you? I guarantee that this has changed the entire outcome of your day. These types of things can change the entire outcome of somebody’s day. We don’t know what people are going through in their lives. It is incredibly easy to hide what is going on inside of a person. By doing simple things for other people in life, we can have an incredible impact on anyone. We can change their entire day which in turn is making a difference. Some people need kindness in their lives. They don’t receive it anywhere else and by providing this for a person you are able to give them a reason to keep going.

In this world of hatred and negativity, we need people to spread kindness and be kind to those around them. We can do this by paying it forward and doing little things for others. Not matter how simple or how small, never underestimate the impact one action could have on the people around you. You never know, it could completely change somebody’s life for the better.