Why I Didn’t Wait Until After Thanksgiving To Put Up My Christmas Tree

It’s ridiculous that my love for Turkey day can be overshadowed by my love for a fake pine tree.

1581

The holidays are my favorite time of year. I love getting to spend time with my family. I love getting to eat delicious food. In fact, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday with Christmas coming in at a close second. With that being said, I wasted no time in putting up my Christmas tree and other decorations and there’s a good explanation as to why.

Why does everyone care that you put your Christmas decorations up before thanksgiving? Why is this such an issue? I have seen numerous social media posts about stores putting out Christmas stuff to early and people decorating for holidays before others have even passed. Well, I say who cares. The fact that I put up my Christmas tree almost two weeks before Thanksgiving doesn’t make me love Thanksgiving any less. I think it’s ridiculous that my love for Turkey day can be overshadowed by a fake pine tree (or real, if you roll that way) and a few hung stockings. It doesn’t make me feel like I’m putting less of an emphasis on Thanksgiving, whatsoever. I will still enjoy my family around the table eating ungodly amounts of food and being thankful for all that I have. And I will do so with a Christmas tree in the corner of my living room, thank you for your concern.

I personally think Christmas is the best holiday that you get to decorate for. I also suck at decorating my apartment, period. I have two things hung on my walls at home and I’ve lived there for over a year. Christmas makes my plain white rented walls feel like a home. There’s such a small window that I get to keep a festive tree up in my home, I’d like to prolong that a little. Besides, putting up Christmas decorations is hard work and I’m a lazy college student who works a lot. So once I get it up, it’s not coming down for a long time. Honestly, I should just decorate it seasonally to fit every holiday. I’ll have a Thanksgiving tree, if that will shut you up about me putting my decorations up so early.

If that’s not enough for you, Christmas decorations just flat out make me happy and giddy like a little child. My cats like the Christmas tree, maybe a little too much. Cat parents, am I right? I like the Christmas tree. It just makes me happy, okay? And why should anyone be allowed to judge me for what makes me happy? That’s right, they shouldn’t. The holiday season is about love and family and being kind to others. Let me and everyone else who put their Christmas décor up early enjoy it and be happy. Just because I put my Christmas tree up doesn’t mean you do, too.