When You Realize This Is Your Last Summer Vacation. Ever.

I've always been anxious to grow up, but how has it already happened?

594
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/08/11/636380089758144257-1678626650_34343634813_03c197f5a3_o.jpg

I vividly remember sitting with my friends, just before the start of senior year of high school thinking it was crazy we only had four summer vacations left until we entered the real world. I also remember thinking that all four would go by so fast, and wow was I right. Now, I'm somehow staring down the final few weeks of my last summer vacation ever, and wishing I still had four more to look forward to.

I keep telling people how weird it is that this is my last summer vacation, my last time I can have three months off to do anything I want, sleep in, stay up as late as I can and yet as much as I say it, it doesn't seem real. How did I get so old? Didn't I just graduate high school? Didn't I just move in to college? How is it possible I only have a few weeks of summer vacation, a true symbol of youth, left?

Don't get me wrong, I've always been ready for the real world. To say goodbye to late nights writing papers, dreaded group projects and piles of busy work, and say hello to a job I look forward to everyday and getting home and being able to relax, go to the gym and cook a nice healthy dinner. But when did I get to be so old that that ideal is just eight months away?

So if you're like me, and this is your last summer vacation ever, do absolutely everything on your summer bucket list. Go out with your friends on a Tuesday night because when you're 'adulting' you won't be able to stay out all night in the middle of week without seriously suffering the next day at work. Take as many beach trips as you can and enjoy just relaxing with family and friends. Take amazing day trips, take tons of pictures and hit up your favorite restaurants and ice cream stands. Sure, you'll be able to spend a day at the beach and go out when you're working full time, but in the back of your mind you'll be stressing about upcoming work deadlines, nasty clients, overly aggressive co-workers and engrossing yourself in the latest work drama. Not to mention you'll be thinking about bills you need to pay, the groceries you need to buy and all the errands you need to run on your few days off.

Don't forget to stay up late binge watching Netflix, and sleeping until noon. Take full appreciation of what could be your last full few weeks living at home, and always coming home to a fully stocked fridge, and freshly washed clothes. Do everything you've always said you're going to do and enjoy every second of it, because somehow we're steps away from entering the adult world and I know we're going to miss this.